Mojave Gladiator - Desert Rated Jeeps

shade

I didn't realize I've had a Desert Rated truck for years. Cool!

All kidding aside, it's good to see Jeep offer this package. The similar improvements I made to my Tacoma transformed its ability to travel over rough trails at a decent clip.

rkj__

Adventurer
Better towing than a ZR2, no more 4:1 transfer case, rear locker in high range, fancy shocks / bump stops. Seems like a solid offering to me. I do wish they had not chosen a fake hood scoop as the way to provide styling differentiation though. I suspect people will stuff mini light bars in there.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Better towing than a ZR2, no more 4:1 transfer case, rear locker in high range, fancy shocks / bump stops. Seems like a solid offering to me. I do wish they had not chosen a fake hood scoop as the way to provide styling differentiation though. I suspect people will stuff mini light bars in there.
I think the article mentions you can make the hood scoop functional. Unless I misunderstood.

Looks-wise, Gladiator Mojave gets a bespoke hood with a scoop that comes blocked off from the factory (though it can be opened by the owner, if they so desire).

luthj

Engineer In Residence
The only reason to have a scoop is to feed some type of induction (not very common). Or to provide air for a radiator or intercooler.

Since neither of those appears to be the case, you would just be directing air and water over the engine. More effective would be reverse facing louvers, which can sometimes aid low speed removal of hot air from the engine compartment, and improve radiator heat rejection.

shade

I still imagine that most "legit" owners won't buy it cause its factory. There is significant cred to be had for "building" your own rig it seems. Though I personally see the value in a well designed rig with factory support.
Maybe. It'll come down to the price difference. That's a very common home bolted configuration, so it should be easy to compare.

GB_Willys_2014

Does it have a front locker?

How does the price compare to a Rubi?

-Dan
Apparently no front locker.

Knowing Jeep, this will be priced more than a Rubicon. But, considering the upgraded shocks vs parts bin TC and no front locker, it should really be a wash, IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier