MOIRAI 1995 4x4 Fire Rescue BUILD Thread

Jdubucsd

Observer
Aaaah. Well. Another long day. Filled in the upper rear with 3.75” of Thinsulate through my opening. No way to get it in other wise. Tidy up the rear cam and third brake light feed through it. Spent most of the day shaping rigid insulation sheets for the lower Dometic CRX-50 fridge. Its a real tight fit all around. But Im pretty sure its gonna help the fridge draw less amps. Has 2.5” top and bottom. And can only fit 0.5” on the two sides since the cabinet is 16” wide and fridge is 15”.

Attachments

Jdubucsd

Observer
Placed a bead of silicone along the floor lines under the rigid foam. And gaps running to the side door. Used some expensive flue metallic tape. Its all they had. To cover the rigid board ends after I cut them. The cabinets were fully scoured with a 3M green pad. Rubbing alcohol. And steam cleaned every nook and cranny. Polished and cleaned up the side door hardware strap mounts and some interior carriage bolts and nuts.

Attachments

Jdubucsd

Observer
Two prong whelen bulb. Its the third upper brake light. Broken. $25 replacement or...?

Upper fridge polysio secure. And up behind that is a hollow valance area. 24”x3”x2” or so and cut a nice piece of Thinsulate to fill it up. Nice clean and tidy.😎

Attachments

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Two prong whelen bulb. Its the third upper brake light. Broken. $25 replacement or...?

Upper fridge polysio secure. And up behind that is a hollow valance area. 24”x3”x2” or so and cut a nice piece of Thinsulate to fill it up. Nice clean and tidy.😎
I’ve found a number of different 2 prong lLEDs that work to replace other EMV bulbs. The 2.4w LEDs are as bright as 40 w Halogen bulbs, and hardly drain the battery,

Jdubucsd

Observer
I’ve found a number of different 2 prong lLEDs that work to replace other EMV bulbs. The 2.4w LEDs are as bright as 40 w Halogen bulbs, and hardly drain the battery,
Hey man. Do you have a link or a model make etc for the bulbs? Its just for a third brake light

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Personal I’d use these if they’d fit... just need to modify to add 2 ‘pins’

Or G4 bulbs that have 2 pins...

Out of 10 each set has had 1 dud.

There seem to be lots of G4 landscape light bulbs.

Jdubucsd

Observer
Personal I’d use these if they’d fit... just need to modify to add 2 ‘pins’

Or G4 bulbs that have 2 pins...

Out of 10 each set has had 1 dud.

There seem to be lots of G4 landscape light bulbs.
Thanks! Ill check em out.

Jdubucsd

Observer
Rear bed platform...? Its just set up rough. But it will need to have batteries underneath. Probably the Espar D2 someplace there as well. Its 16 1/2” from floor to top of the platform. Same height as existing bench seat. Im liking it.
45 degree cut on some aluminum for the under bench corner.

Attachments

Jdubucsd

Observer
Friends drill press. Old one too. Framing out #8 recessed screws into maple every 2”. Overkill. But I like how it looks too. All wood is maple or plywood with maple veneer

Attachments

Jdubucsd

Observer
00 grounded to frame. And 00 relay bar from the alternator to the back area. I used a 2” through hull fitting. Nice protection. And some support too. Safe also.

Attachments