MOIRAI 1995 4x4 Fire Rescue BUILD Thread

Jdubucsd

Observer
Looking good!
Thank you! Now its the day after. Even thiugh the caninets are “straight” they still follow the small natural curve of the van, meaning the middle is wide and the rear gets narrower. So my lines are off a bit. It was driving me nuts. But now I see I need to shave off a few mm from the leading edge planks at a small angle.

Anyhow. Thanks for post!

Jdubucsd

Observer
Eymos back at the van! Welding a frame to support the Isotemp water heater to the existing roll bar that is inside and under the fiberglass roof. I didnt want the weight of unit to be placed onto the plywood going across. I figured over time it would not hold up

The only other spot for the Isotemp would be on the floor. To the rear on the drivers side under where the bed platform will go. It was a bit expensive to get a frame welded in. But it keeps it right next to the existing coolant lines. And frees up floor space.

The battery tray failed under the weight of the two AGM batteries. Its a mixed blessing. I have two more for a total of 4x135 amp hour batteries to be mounted inside under the bed platform with heavy duty marine racing hold down frames. From what Ive read these batteries get weird at close to 0 degrees. And daily temp swings also batteries dont like. So anyways. They are all going inside to stay happy. Rear of the van is narrower than the middle. Had to trim out and feather the right floorboards to make them all straight.

Its coming together!!

Attachments

Jdubucsd

Observer
Homer DOH.

Somehow during the shifting around of an incomplete floor yesterday caused one of the planks to break its tongue and groove. Had to start all over and pull the pieces off one at a time to get back to the second panel laid. Ended up breaking one other ones groove. Doh!!! But the end result is maybe better than before. Fit and finish is great!! Hand filed the edges.

Attachments

Jdubucsd

Observer
Flooring is almost done. Yes!!

Here are a few wiring diagrams. That show perfectly or close as it will get to a balanced system for 4-6-8 batteries in paralell. Any thoughts anyone? Current setup will have 4 135amp hour AGMs. 😃

Attachments

Jdubucsd

Observer
Trimming out the floor. Deburred the rear step. Hand filing the fridge face frame straight. Details now. 😃

2/0 wire to existing batteries. Will be replaced by higher quality pure copper.

Attachments

Jdubucsd

Observer
1/2” BSP to 1/2” NPT fitting for the Indel water heater. A must have.

Trimming the floor. And finally cut and installed my first aluminum trim piece. And some detail work.

Hope to frame up and mount fridges. 😃

Attachments

Jdubucsd

Observer
Spent an hour cleaning up the stainless rear guard. Mounted with new stainless #8 screws and black butyl to secure the screw area from water intrusion.

Attachments

Jdubucsd

Observer
Moved onto the front floor area. Took foooooreeeevvveeeeer. To square up the front edge of the flooring. Side edge. And aluminum trim. But it looks great.

Started to frame up mounts for the two Dometic CX50s. Will have 2” polyiso top and bottom. 1/2” on sides.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jdubucsd

Observer
Fridge prep. Its harder than I thought. Want to make sure it has lots of ventilation in back since it will be surrounded by polyiso foam.

Attachments

Jdubucsd

Observer
One of the tongue and grooves broke. By the side entry step. Probably from me hammering it really hard once oops. Had to buy a new box of planks. Since I had none. 😑

Attachments