Moby1 Going Out Of Business? Has Anyone Received A Deposit Return?

OverlandNA

I did they lied then said that they lied .You hang in there cannot stop laughing YOU ARE THE MAN .Have a great night. You are the man

No, you haven't posted questions in their thread. At least, not questions anyone else can understand.

I doubt this is a new experience for you. All that head shacking takes a toll. Hey, what's the name of that restaurant we ate at?

Hello sn_85! Ah, one of the elephants in the room. We remember this! The comments are actually still up on our IG page if anyone wants to view them in their full context. We did attempt to deny any relation to Moby1 for a minute there. When we first got on the ExPo forum, we stated that we were former Moby1 employees, as you mentioned in your reply. This caused a lot of backlash on our end, and a lot of people took the attitude that we were guilty by association with Moby1. Unfortunately, most the comments on our original thread here have been deleted by ExPo since we were not an approved vendor at the time. From then on, we thought it would be better if we didn't have any connection to Moby1 (this is the point of time that we interacted on IG) in an attempt to avoid the "guilt by association" ordeal. Every single one of us here at VORSHEER regrets that move we made. As you stated in the IG conversation we had, it just made us look sketchy and untrustworthy.

So, long story short, we messed up. We are four guys who know the shop and how to build, but online marketing and social media are not our forte. We made a big mistake that didn't reflect well on us or our company, and we will admit that.- and we apologize for that. The only thing we can do from there is correct the issue and move forward. We are trying to be as transparent as possible to gain some trust as well as a good reputation in this industry. Hopefully our opening post reflected that by telling a bit of our history and how we came to be - including how we were connected to Moby1. It's definitely an uphill battle, but we're up for it and are doing everything we can to make it work. If you have any questions we can answer, let us know and we will do our best!

shade

^ Yes, I saw that. The forum software doesn't allow quoting a post of quotes. It's funny that VORSHEER quotes from their thread are being brought here instead of people discussing this in the correct venue. Why does that keep happening?

If their misstep is still a problem for someone, go hammer them in their thread. As they said, it was a regrettable error, and they offered an explanation for it. Looks more like the early fumblings of inexperience to me, but everyone can make up their own mind.

Still, that isn't proof that Moby1 money funded VORSHEER, or that the former owners of Moby1 are running VORSHEER. That's what all of this is about, or at least that's what it should be about. If I was out $19,000 and I thought the bad people were running another con, I'd be looking for solid proof of that to take them down for good, even if I never got a cent back. I mentioned Pelfreybilt earlier. Tyler & Satin will find it very difficult to run a company in this market ever again, and that's because lots of victims put the work in to make sure they're not coming 'round here no more. That's how it's done, not by nutters citing irrelevant linkedin profiles.

I'm puzzled why all of this isn't being hashed out on the VORSHEER thread. They've answered several questions on that thread from anyone willing to ask. Do it there, do it clean, and the mods will probably let it ride. They don't want shady vendors 'round here, either.

Last edited:

OverlandNA

It's funny that VORSHEER quotes from their thread are being brought here instead of people discussing this in the correct venue. Why does that keep happening?
Let's recap- OPP said they lied, you said no, I showed you where thay admit lying, you ask why this keeps happening. Got it?
Good
As long as you keep replying to OPP here, he will keep posting here. Got it?
Good
I'm out of the other thread and now out of this one. Got it?
Good

shade

Let's recap- OPP said they lied, you said no, I showed you where thay admit lying, you ask why this keeps happening. Got it?
Good
As long as you keep replying to OPP here, he will keep posting here. Got it?
Good
I'm out of the other thread and now out of this one. Got it?
Good
It appears that I've angered you; my apologies.

Thanks for pointing all of that out, and I'd already reached the same conclusion. My only point about the cross-thread quotes was that it could easily be avoided, not that I had any problem with you doing it.

shade

The former moby 1 employees who now use a different name for the same business
"The former moby1 employees" - Ok, that works.

"who now use a different name for the same business" - Oh dear. Best of luck to you.

shade

Why not just get a Hiker trailer for $10,000 and out fit it yourself?
Hard to argue.

Recommendations for competing products is a good idea. I spied the AntiShanty in some OE photos and looked them up. I don't care for the name, but the product is an interesting option. Kind of a portable tiny home, but more rugged than the typical travel trailer, and very flexible. It has the uncertainty of a startup, and the price will be high, but I haven't seen anything quite like it before. The pop-up roof has been around for decades, but I don't know that it's been applied like this.

For anyone looking to sleep on to instead of in a trailer, the Morris Mule seems like a good option. $4750, with some customization available, little to no waiting, from an established company with a small dealer network.

I'd buy one before popping for some of the much pricier competition. Put a hardside RTT on top, awning on the side, add a slide or two for a fridge & stove, and call it good.
https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/intro-along-with-morris-mule-review.159437/

Last edited:

VORSHEER

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor

chet6.7

Explorer
Hard to argue.

Recommendations for competing products is a good idea. I spied the AntiShanty in some OE photos and looked them up. I don't care for the name, but the product is an interesting option. Kind of a portable tiny home, but more rugged than the typical travel trailer, and very flexible. It has the uncertainty of a startup, and the price will be high, but I haven't seen anything quite like it before. The pop-up roof has been around for decades, but I don't know that it's been applied like this.

View attachment 522913

For anyone looking to sleep on to instead of in a trailer, the Morris Mule seems like a good option. $4750, with some customization available, little to no waiting, from an established company with a small dealer network.

I'd buy one before popping for some of the much pricier competition. Put a hardside RTT on top, awning on the side, add a slide or two for a fridge & stove, and call it good.

It does look interesting.

QQQ

Maybe one of these days antishanty can build a website that showcase the actual product because it looks very well built and is definitely unique.

Instagram inspired websites are ridiculous. The scrolling features make it busy and difficult to navigate and WOW! a picture of a lake and mountain the camper must be great!! so stupid.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles