SOLD Mobile Wifi Setup: Cellular Modem and Roof Antenna

Huck

This is a great mobile internet setup that we used traveling across country and is in perfect condition.

This setup is made up of a cellular modem that takes 1 or 2 SIM cards that provide service and then creates a wifi hotspot to use while remote. The antenna can either be mounted via magnets (currently set up that way) or adhesive to the roof of your vehicle.

I ran this in my camping trailer during our trip across country last fall. With an unlimited data SIM, 3 of us were able to do simultaneous zoom calls. I ran a speed test and we were pulling over 50mbps regularly within sight of a cellular tower. Once set up, you just join the wifi network this creates and go online, just like you would at home.

I even ran it while driving so kids could do homework or watch videos in the back of the vehicle.

This is not a weboost replacement but acts like a superpowered hotspot. If you want to work remotely, this is a great way to do it.

Requires a power supply. DC power cable included.

New this setup is $505.

Price: $385 including shipping anywhere in the lower 48.

Attachments

• IMG_8945.png
    IMG_8945.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_8948.png
    IMG_8948.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 142

Huck

Hi @landlordy , sorry for the delay in responding. Regarding SIMs, there are probably a couple of options but I'm only confidently, personally familiar with one.

For truly unlimited internet access "like you have at home" you should go through Mobile Must Have and buy one of the SIMs they refer you to. The cost is $199 up front, then $120 monthly. No contract so you can cancel at any time. However to reinstate, you'll need to go through the process again to get a new SIM.

As I said in my post it is fantastic speed, if you are in the right place. I used campendium if I was in doubt. I also just looked for towers if we were on a major travel corridor, which I planned for if we had important meetings/classes.

DCGibbs

Observer
There are numerous 4G-LTE Cellular Routers avail, some are not designed or tested to be mobile. The # 1 issue is getting a great Antenna. If you have any bars on your Cellphone, the Router with Good Antenna with boost that signal. I use a Cradlepoint and Panorama combination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles