Mobile Observatory Project - About to launch!

DCGibbs

Observer
Hello All -
I'm giving all of us, in the US and Canada; a little advanced notice. Ben and Kat Davidson, of SuspiciousObservers will be launching a year long US and Canada travel. Taking this rolling Lab with them. They might need our skills, help, etc. Please go out to their web-site and read about them, their project, purpose, and timeline. If you can assist them, I ask your assist! I have one example of how Ben has reached out into communities. Just west of Boise, in Nampa; in an AP Biology/Chemistry class, the teacher engaged the students to follow Ben's daily posts on the YouTube channel mentioned above. They raised the monies to gain a Sponsor 'Name' on the Lab, and Ben will visit Nampa and Boise, before heading back east.

More here: http://www.observatoryproject.com/the-journey---observatory-schedule.html
www.ObservatoryProject.com

This community can spot them, come to their aid if needed; and be engaged in a traveling Observatory!

David C. Gibbs
Boise, ID

Last edited:

DCGibbs

Observer
Morning ALL -
Here are three photos of the Mobile Observatory. They depart on Friday staying local in Ohio for the first stop.
Max.jpg
photos.html

Issues with getting photos posted, The above link will take you to their photos page on the website.
David

Last edited:

DCGibbs

Observer
This Mobile Observatory is now in south-Central Mass., soon heading toward Vermont and then into Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

DCGibbs

Observer
Here's an update on this couple, and their progress:
http://www.ObservatoryProject.com

My wife and I had the opportunity to meet with them yesterday, and will have dinner with them this evening. They have been in 17 States and 4 Canadian provinces so far, and are headed back East and South. Ben & Kat will spend tonight in Boise; have some service an support work done here, and then are headed to Utah. This Mobile Observatory is highly visable. 2014-09-21 092.jpg
David

155mm

Adventurer
Pretty amazing that he and his wife (and dogs) are effectively getting subsidized/paid to travel and visit all over North America.

There must be a lot more people crazy about sunspots than I would have ever guessed.

DCGibbs

Observer
Pretty amazing that he and his wife (and dogs) are effectively getting subsidized/paid to travel and visit all over North America.

There must be a lot more people crazy about sunspots than I would have ever guessed.

They are very nice, wonderful people; whom really are helping people ~ learn about how the sun effects the earth! How we are impacted by earth facing CME's and yeah - they have over 120K subscribers to the YouTube channel, but even more impressive is 1/2 that many, including me are paid members to his Premium accts on his web-site. They are good people, who so far have had limited issues. We assisted them here in Boise, to get a little needed services, and fed them with local grub.
David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz