Mobile and Monitoring's 1st Gen Tundra

The notch in the rack for the solar panel..... impressive, such a fabulous detail. You are the King !!
Thank you!

Exactly what i was thinking.. about this solar setup, slick!
Some time ago i was thinking about doing the same thing in front of my own (square packed) RTT,
making a sort of spoiler in front of it with a long horizontal solar panel..
Maybe looking kinda silly but should do a little better for fuel economy and better angle (if you drive the right way LOL) pointing at the sun.
Excuse my rambling.. lets move on.
Yes I like to think it helps with fuel economy. It does seem to help a bit being slanted and when I park I usually have the sun in mind!

So, small world. I just saw your rig at the Proflight in Fairbanks, Alaska several weeks back. I work just down the way from there. I'll be honest, I stopped and took pictures. Your rig is awesome and it's exactly how I want to set up my first gen. Props.

So, small world. I just saw your rig at the Proflight in Fairbanks, Alaska several weeks back. I work just down the way from there. I'll be honest, I stopped and took pictures. Your rig is awesome and it's exactly how I want to set up my first gen. Props.
That's awesome! Are you a pilot or do you work at the airport? Too bad I missed you. I'm down here in Palmer now.

That's awesome! Are you a pilot or do you work at the airport? Too bad I missed you. I'm down here in Palmer now.

I'm not a pilot unfortunately, but I work for a company that fuels all of the commercial flights in and out of Fairbanks, provides heating oil to customers all throughout the borough, and specifically, I maintain the entire Fairbanks fleet of UPS package cars. It was too bad we missed an opportunity to speak. Your rig is incredible, and I hope that your travels are safe throughout the state. Do make sure to go to Valdez, you will not be disappointed.

D

Deleted member 9101

Fyi: the Sequioa front sway bar is a good mod, it will help since you have weight up high (it's beefier than the Tundra sway bar). Also, there is a 4Runner caliper swap that you can do to get 1" larger pads and 1" larger rotors.

I'm not a pilot unfortunately, but I work for a company that fuels all of the commercial flights in and out of Fairbanks, provides heating oil to customers all throughout the borough, and specifically, I maintain the entire Fairbanks fleet of UPS package cars. It was too bad we missed an opportunity to speak. Your rig is incredible, and I hope that your travels are safe throughout the state. Do make sure to go to Valdez, you will not be disappointed.
Ah very cool. Thanks for the kind words I've been slowly exploring what I can between training. I've only been to Valdez once but found it to be incredible! Hopefully we can cross paths sometime.

Fyi: the Sequioa front sway bar is a good mod, it will help since you have weight up high (it's beefier than the Tundra sway bar). Also, there is a 4Runner caliper swap that you can do to get 1" larger pads and 1" larger rotors.
Ah didn't think about putting the Sequoia sway bar on a Tundra. I've had mine off so long I probably would be blown away by not leaning so much on turns haha. More breaking power would be nice too actually...

D

Deleted member 9101

Ah didn't think about putting the Sequoia sway bar on a Tundra. I've had mine off so long I probably would be blown away by not leaning so much on turns haha. More breaking power would be nice too actually...

The sway bar swap is stupid easy. You just need to grab the sway bar and the brackets from a pick n pull. Use new bushings and get end links from a doubla cab Tundra (they are longer).

The break swap is pretty easy too. The 4Runner rotors fit with no problems and then you have to modify the calipers with a grinder. Basicailly you remove some material from the mounting ears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles