Moab, Poison spider,golden spike, rusty nail, Gemini bridge

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
I have been invited to go to Moab with some friends. They all drive big jeeps. I was curious if anyone has experience driving the Trifecta trails Poison spider,golden spike, rusty nail, Gemini bridge in a Frontier? Mine is locked front a rear with Oldman EMU and 285's. I have skids bumpers and sliders. Is this trail an option? Or will I be holding the jeeps back?

JakeH

Adventurer
Every time we run heavy trails in Colorado I use our locked & lifted jeep on 35s. Each time we hit the summit I think... My old pro4x could have done that easily. I believe you will be fine.

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Wife and I ran Gemini Bridge in our highly streetable 2008 Colorado Z71 on 31s in June. No problems there. I can't talk to the others.

transalper

Explorer
I did Golden Spike years ago with my 89 Montero, rear locker, and 31s. The rear bumper scraped a lot - thankfully I had already trashed the rear corners and installed a homemade steel rear bumper with 1/4-panel gaurd. It was fun running with all the built jeeps and there are a couple obstacles where the LWB was a big benefit. There was a very moderately lifted Cherokee with 32s and dual lockers driven by an older couple that did the trail like it was a stroll in the park. Very classy.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94