Mitsubishi Owners Day July 19, 2013 (Cypress CA) Mitsubishi Motors N. America Corp HQ

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Via their FB invite...

Saturday, July 13, 2013 @ 9:00am until 1:00pm in PDT

No matter where you live in the US, get your family and friends ready for the ultimate Mitsubishi Owner's Day 2013 taking place on Saturday, July 13 here at the heart of Mitsubishi Motors North America in Cypress, CA!

MOD 2013 is the premier owners' appreciation day event on the West Coast. It is the unparalleled event for Mitsubishi's enthusiastic owners and fans that brought over 2,500 attendees together last year!

We want to show you that MOD 2013 is a day dedicated to THANK YOU with the hottest raffle prizes, the coolest swag, great entertainment, and a free lunch from In N' Out Burger®.

Oh, and don't forget! We want you to show us your best creative talent by entering Mitsubishi Motors' MOD 2013 T-shirt Contest by May 21, 2013 and get the chance to have your design printed on the MOD 2013 event T-shirts! — For more information:www.modshirts.com

So mark MOD 2013 on your calendar now and we'll see you there!

MOD 2013
Date: Saturday, July 13, 2013
Time: Gates open at 9AM — 1:00PM
6400 Katella Ave, Cypress, CA 90630

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I'll probably drop by as long as I remember the date. Car shows bore me to tears though, so I probably won't stay more than a couple hours at the most.

loremordred

Observer
I'll Drop by in my Monty.

I wonder if we will hear anything there about Mitsubishi bringing back the Monty's to the US.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
They'll usually have sections for each vehicle model. You should confirm that there will be a section for the Montero and where it will be. Usually for 4x4's only a handful will show up. When we used to go, I got them to let us set up on the grass so we'd be off pavement at least LOL. If you're on Facebook you can message them via their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Mitsubishi

SoCalMonty

Explorer
They'll usually have sections for each vehicle model. You should confirm that there will be a section for the Montero and where it will be. Usually for 4x4's only a handful will show up. When we used to go, I got them to let us set up on the grass so we'd be off pavement at least LOL. If you're on Facebook you can message them via their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Mitsubishi

lol...sweet, some grass to show off our IFS flex! :)

off-roader

Expedition Leader
lol...sweet, some grass to show off our IFS flex! :)
Really the IFS flex is inconsequential since it doesn't seem to stop us from going over pretty hairy trials (dusy ersham, fordyce creek, rubicon, etc.)

Besides the super comfy ride is a great thing especially when passing solid front axle rigs over mildly rough terrain (washboards, etc).

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Bumping this up...Xposted on the 'Wire as well.

I won't be there too long as it will likely be a ricer-fest (Evo's), but it should be fun to check out some other rides for a little while. I'll likely head up to Holy Jim afterward if anyone wants to get their truck dirty. :)

I might also hit up Cars & Coffee first, and make a day of the events. If you've never been to Cars and Coffee before, you really, really should go just once. I'd probably get to C&C at about 6am, leave by 8-815a and be at Mitsu by 845-9am.

MOD is scheduled from 9-1.

See you there...? ;)

GTABurnout

Explorer
Bumping this up...Xposted on the 'Wire as well.

I won't be there too long as it will likely be a ricer-fest (Evo's), but it should be fun to check out some other rides for a little while. I'll likely head up to Holy Jim afterward if anyone wants to get their truck dirty. :)

I might also hit up Cars & Coffee first, and make a day of the events. If you've never been to Cars and Coffee before, you really, really should go just once. I'd probably get to C&C at about 6am, leave by 8-815a and be at Mitsu by 845-9am.

MOD is scheduled from 9-1.

See you there...? ;)

So we are leaving Tucson AZ that morning (early) to begine our trip to the Redwood forest. We where planning on stopping by the MOD for a little while. I own a Evo 8 and Evo 9. We will be in our tacoma though for the trip. Can you post the location of cars and coffee? May be worth the stop if we can get there early enough.

Thanks

SoCalMonty

Explorer
So we are leaving Tucson AZ that morning (early) to begine our trip to the Redwood forest. We where planning on stopping by the MOD for a little while. I own a Evo 8 and Evo 9. We will be in our tacoma though for the trip. Can you post the location of cars and coffee? May be worth the stop if we can get there early enough.

Thanks

Let's put it this way. If you can only make one meet that day, go to Cars and Coffee. ;) You'll see some fun stuff!

http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/directions.php

...there's a "show" lot, and a spectator lot. You should be able to tell which is which.

Make sure to say hello at either location if you make it!

mike5

Adventurer
Sean, the Holy Jim trail sounds interesting. I might be down for that. Could you let me know what that entails and if you'll be going?

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Sean, the Holy Jim trail sounds interesting. I might be down for that. Could you let me know what that entails and if you'll be going?

It's an out-and-back offshoot from Holy Jim in Trabuco Canyon (Trabuco Creek Rd to Joplin Trail). Gate is open at the bottom, but the trail is impassable due to a washout a few miles in. More challenging than just a dirt road, but no rock crawling. Some loose shale, deep ruts and a few off camber obstacles up a ridgeline trail. I fantasize about bringing tools/materials to rehab the washout and make it passable, but I don't have the resources. There's also that offshoot that goes south/west I'd be interested in checking out...

The trailhead is "B" on the map...it goes north from the main road.
http://goo.gl/maps/URtQd

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Well, I didn't really get any confirmations from anyone about the Mitsu meet, so I'm going to save the gas and stay home. However, I will still be doing the aforementioned run at noon if anyone wants to drop by. Hope to see you there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior