Mitsubishi Montero 2005 Gen III - experience with a remanufactured engine

DeltaFry

Observer
Stock Montero 3.8 Offroad Dirt Road Trail 4x4 Christmas Mountain near Big Bend, Texas

Doing more off-road trails helps build up a better understanding of your Monty for sure.. Here is a video from a recent Drive

DeltaFry

Observer
Recent updates on my Montero

After some off road, I knew the suspension needed to be improved so went with OME with this soft config:

• Rear (60019) shocks - 2917 spring
  • Front (90006) shocks - 2914 - spring
  • Front Strut Mounts
  • Also changed Rotors and Pads - BrakeBest Rotors and Warner ceramic brake pads

I wanted to paste some pics but the the upload fails.. will try again.

FullMonte

Adventurer
Doing more off-road trails helps build up a better understanding of your Monty for sure.. Here is a video from a recent Drive

Nice! Did the fjs give you an impression of your Monty after the trip?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

DeltaFry

Observer
FullMonte - Thanks and happy 2017. The FJ's were raised, had bigger tires so better clearance. The ability to articulate and not seeing them do the salute makes me think it must feel safer inside. Or maybe I'm just an amateur about using what the Monty has to offer?

Your thoughts?

FullMonte

Adventurer
FullMonte - Thanks and happy 2017. The FJ's were raised, had bigger tires so better clearance. The ability to articulate and not seeing them do the salute makes me think it must feel safer inside. Or maybe I'm just an amateur about using what the Monty has to offer?

Your thoughts?
I was actually wondering what they thought of your Montero, I'm sure a newer suspension will help with the salute problem a bit. I don't mind the Montero "feeling" a little unsafe, and in fact I feel great that I know it's safe and able to get through places with minor upgrades compared to the expensive built rigs that are out there.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

DeltaFry

Observer
Agree. They like that fact that a stock Montero with street tires could go where they went. As a matter of fact one of them thought it was lifted, much to his surprise.

DeltaFry

Observer
Sand Driving in my Monty - PINS, Padre Island National seashore

So this place is 60 miles of open beach to drive and camp. Awesome place. Took pressure to 25 and deployed 4H. Not required but as a safety factor. We were alone and didn't want to get beached(literally).

Last edited:

DeltaFry

Observer
@offroadmuch - So the video I published last was in Texas and had a Mongolian song as the back ground. Here is a Pajero in Mongolia... look at the simplicity.

The song relates then, some how!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles