Mitsubishi gaining interested in us

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
_So New Mitsubishi (Nissan/Mitsubishi) has contacted us at ADD and has expressed interest in the Montero community for the first time in a very long time. They are having a meeting this week to discuss details on their involvement with us during our trip to Cypress in July. They want a head count on how many want to attend the trip, we will be running some mild trails (Gotta keep the Pajero Evolution in showroom condition). Anyway details can be found here MOD 2017 Pilgrimage for anyone interested. I encourage anyone who can make to attend, we want to show them that we exist and there is a market here for an offroad capable truck.

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
This is great news...seeing Mitsubishi is reaching out to communities of owners of their vehicles really shows their effort to be in touch with their loyal consumers of their products.

I wish I could go, but I don't think my Montero will be ready for a cross country trip.

Michael Brown

You followed me, so now we're both lost
I would really like to join, but it will not happen this year. Best of luck to everyone going.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
They have in the past done East Coast MOD events, not sure there is one planned this year though. Would be cool for you guys out that way. I'll take lots of pics!

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Maybe you can take big pictures of all of our rigs and put them on individual place holders/markers :)
514258096.jpg

plh

Explorer
My new to me (old) truck will be closer to MOD than me, still waiting for transport company to pick it up. Details later.

oops - it should be in WI by July 8...

Last edited:

Offroadmuch

Explorer
I hope this signals a change in how Mitsubishi will listen to consumers, especially us, the somewhat more enthusiastic and in many cases more experienced owners (I am not a guru Mitsu expert, but learning).
I once wrote to them after getting some work done at a local dealer. I commented that I knew there was a crowd of us that would like access to the Gen 4 in America and they completely dismissed that idea. I also commented that the dealer was really messy and staff was not at all motivated to be of help and the building was just plain messy and dirty. This was also dismissed as the owners responsibility. Overall they made no effort to show any concern to a consumer who was reaching as a fan. So they are good at making machines, not good with customers. Hope the machine part stays the same and the people part gets better.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
I'm blown away we've (montero community) garnered this attention, 10 years ago I never expected the general public to see montero's for what they are (capable and reliable rigs) but these days it seems a lot more likely, between here and the other forums, its more socially accepted to hit the trail with a diamond star rig. After the conference call earlier this week about MOD my mind was a buzz with ideas, I had to keep a lot of that in check and 'choose my battles' knowing this situation is entirely about MOD and brand exposure, I think the biggest message that can be given to mitsubishi is 'we love the trucks and want more' beyond that it just comes down to what the market is willing to pay. Market research does not seem to be their strong suit.

keeping in mind we're the tiny market segment compared to the car guys that have actually shown up to these kinds of events for decades, truck guys go off into the mountains, car guys go to car meets, so they got heard for many years more than us, its no surprise to me the gen 3 went softer and then 07 came and there was nothing to pick from.

RyanY

Adventurer
I also commented that the dealer was really messy and staff was not at all motivated to be of help and the building was just plain messy and dirty. This was also dismissed as the owners responsibility.

The conditions at the dealership are entirely the responsibility of the dealership's management, not MMNA. To accomplish anything in that direction you'd need to direct your complaints to the General Manager of the dealership, and hope he gives a ****.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles