MITSUBISHI FUSO TRUCK to withdraw from US market

Good morning all,

As you all by now know, on Wednesday last week Fuso announced they would begin to phase out sales of Fuso vehicles in North America. This was as surprising to us as it was to most throughout the Fuso network. While we are disappointed by the abrupt nature of the news, we have been preparing for this eventuality since the discontinuance of the diesel FG platform last year.

Our proprietary 4WD system was designed for modularity, and can be fit to multiple platforms. The Fuso FE was the flagship, but a phased expansion to other platforms has always been a part of our long-term strategy. This announcement from Fuso, while accelerating our timeline slightly, does not change our overall development plan.

The 2021 EarthCruiser EXP and FX will be built around a Chevy cab over chassis. The Chevy boasts the same Vortec V8 engine and Allison transmission as the Fuso FE gasoline model. The width, length, payload, and other dimensions are very similar. These factors lead to a seamless transition, where the EC proprietary drivetrain and house system will combine to create a new, but very familiar EarthCruiser experience.

For a more detailed rundown, please see the message posted to our website, and linked below:

https://earthcruiser.com/earthcruiser-fuso-chassis/

As we roll into June, it is business as usual at EarthCruiser. Change is a constant, and something that is sought after and embraced by truly dynamic companies. We are committed to remaining the leader in the development of overlanding technology, and will continue to provide the most capable, most trusted overland expedition platform on the planet, for many years to come.

Very best,
Don

gregmchugh

Observer
Interested in understanding the advantage of using the Chevy vs the Isuzu versions of this chassis? For travel in the US and Canada I expect you would have more service locations with Chevy dealers but for international travel I would expect more service locations with Isuzu dealers or would you expect Isuzu to service the Chevy version outside the US and Canada?

Michelle@EarthCruiser

Supporting Sponsor
Interested in understanding the advantage of using the Chevy vs the Isuzu versions of this chassis? For travel in the US and Canada I expect you would have more service locations with Chevy dealers but for international travel I would expect more service locations with Isuzu dealers or would you expect Isuzu to service the Chevy version outside the US and Canada?

The Chevy is one option and will not limit us from building on the Isuzu as well.

Mr Rehab

Traveller
"...........would you expect Isuzu to service the Chevy version outside the US and Canada?

Had my Australian Isuzu NPS serviced, incl parts, by a Chevy dealer in Chile so I don’t imagine there is a problem with Isuzu servicing ‘Chevy’. Only issue might be parts for a gasoline engine variant? Ours has the 5.2L diesel which seems to be in global use in the N series and/or heavier F series.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Whata bummer. Seems like two options other than a very involved DIY: pay Tulsa Truck $25-30k for a conversion or import a 25 year old truck from Europe or Japan. We should all be lobbying for a 15 year import rule like Canada. Seems like it would clean the air better than the current 25 year rule. Alas, laws and reason make strange bedfellows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior