Mitsubishi Fuso FG 4x4 Service and Repair Manual

wharvey

No super singles are "budget friendly."
Nobody builds or sells a good single wheel setup in the U.S. The alloy wheels from the Left Coast, via Hong Kong are problematic. Their purveyors are not honest.
Tony Baker up in Calgary can get you some nice steel 17's (his front springs with Zerk fittings will level your truck and give you more travel. Get some Sachs shocks from him too (this will solve all your "bump stop" problems that you're sure to read about on this site)
... Stockton Wheel was working on trying to find a builder for their wheel center plates as of last Fall. They may be the closest to having a U.S. wheel. Their reputation has been iffy as of late. I don't think I'd trust their experimental wheels when contrasted to some steel ones from Australia. ) Try to avoid proposals for custom built wheels that use spacers. There are some builders in the U.S. for some beadlock rims. They will tell you that you need to build your own spacers or one might refer you to a machine shop in Sparks, NV... Look for a reversible set of wheels (like the proven Australian ones.) Many corporate tire outfits have a policy of not working on wheels that come off of trucks with spacers. You might be stuck doing your own tire service all the time with big bars and levers and hammers and cans of hair spray and fire.
It's tough to find places that can balance your wheels (stock or super single). Big truck shops are no good at it. Light truck tire shops don't have adapters to fit your wheels and I haven't found one yet that had a 41 mm socket. None of them will know if your wheels are hub-centric or lug-centric. Don't ask; Just use ceramic beads (8-10ozs per tire) to balance even your stock tires.

Like it or not, truck shops and the FUSO dealers are not geared toward keeping owner/operators like us happy in our trucks. They are geared toward doing the work well enough for the truck to go down the road, driven by a minimum wage laborer who simply doesn't give a rats ass. Learn, learn, learn from my grief.

Try the Grote Company or Truck-Lite online for mirrors. (If you get bigger tires, you'll need to reconfigure your mirrors, or at least add some.) I run 2 little 4" convex mirrors right next to the cab on the top mirror mount. These let me fold in my mirrors and still see behind me and/or let me see the top corner of the rear of the truck for trees in store parking lots, drive through fast food places etc....I also run an 8" convex mirror above the lower arm of the stock mirror bracket on the right side....all Grote. Their cheap, circular clamp mounting hardware won't work well on your stock brackets....look for the aluminum 2 piece clamps (Amazon) for the specifically sized clamps meant for mounting off road lights to tubing...

Any FUSO dealer will happily run your VIN for you. Darren at the Portland, OR dealer is freaking awesome...His work is near a Starbucks; send him a gift card. Oil the machinery...well worth it. You'll use him again.

The aftermarket for friction materials is slim to none. Check with your local friction shop to see what they can do to re-line your stock shoes. There have been improvements in compounds in the last few years. Meanwhile, try to find a core set of used, serviceable shoes to re-line so you won't have to wait a week+ for them with your truck on blocks...and also have a spare set for the future. Learn how to adjust your brakes properly.

Have fun.

Regarding Stockton Wheel
Be cautions with them. I had a very bad experience with some custom wheels from them.
My truck wanted Hub Centric wheels, they didn't think it mattered. The bolt holes were simply drilled in a curved section so there was not a circular area for the lug nuts seat on.
The two problems were, tightening the lug nuts pinched the taper (which did not match the countersink angle of the holes) deforming the nuts and causing them to pinch on the threads, as well as badly deforming the mating surface of the lug nuts. Basically lug nuts could only be used once and had to be replaced each time the wheels were taken off.
The second problem was that, partially due to the above mentioned problem, it was impossible to mount the wheels with a good balance. Basically the wheels could never be mounted exactly concentric to the hub, even with the most careful lug tightening.
In addition, the wheels were "trailer" wheels and not DOT certified for vehicle use.
To add insult to injury, I had custom hub rings made so the wheels could be mounted hub centric instead of bolt centric, but the dimensions that they gave me for the diameter of the center of the wheel was wrong, too small and the hub rings would not fit.
Finally, they refused to help me and just hung up the phone on me.
Basically they have no one there who is at technical.
Wilbur

Greenbarn

Just bought the manual looks good so far. File appears to to to big for my iPad so I will break it into chapters. Interesting old PayPal accounts don’t expire I just needed to update the account details

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles