Mitsubishi Fuso FG 4x4 Custom-built Camper Motorhome RV - $30000

al_burpe

Observer
https://eastidaho.craigslist.org/rvs/d/mitsubishi-fuso-fg-4x4-custom/6294268161.html

Here is an interesting camper. (No connection)

This is a unique custom off-road 4x4 vehicle built in 2000. It now has 22,015 miles. A dependable, trouble-free camper for the adventure-bound who want both the rugged 4x4 to get into remote areas and comfort on arrival. The cab-over-engine design is space efficient, gives great driver visibility, and provides excellent access to the engine compartment. Clear title. This vehicle has never been in an accident, has been well cared for, and is currently registered and titled in Idaho.
The chassis is a 2000-model 3-ton 4x4 Mitsubishi Fuso model FG truck. It has a 3000 cc, 4-cylinder turbo diesel. One 33-gallon fuel tank gives a driving range of about 500 miles. Five speed manual tranny, high/low range with ABS and limited-slip differential, manually locking hubs. Top speed is 69 mph; I find it cruises comfortably at about 62 mph.
Living space was custom-built by Callen Camper, in El Cajon, California, in the year 2000. It sleeps two comfortably. A 130 watt solar panel, and one deep-cycle battery provides power for the water pump, fluorescent lights, micro-controls for the refrigerator and water heater, and the satellite radio. All hand tools necessary to change a tire are included. Propane water heater, two-burner cooking stove and propane catalytic heater. Refrigerator runs on either 120 volt or propane. There is lots of storage for extra water, propane or whatever.
Tires are Dunlop "Radial Rover" LT 235/85R16, except for the spare which is a Kelley "Safari CSR" in 7.50 R16LT. The tires still have lots of tread left on them.
Everything is fully functional. The engine runs perfectly, and has never had a problem. Likewise for the running gear. The electrical and water systems work. All appliances work normally. I am the original owner. I had the camper built to my specifications. The chassis, engine and drive train are in their original state; no modifications have been made.
You should know that this vehicle was designed for camping trips into the outback (forest and desert lands). The springs are stiff because it's a heavy duty 4x4 truck. The GVW is 12,000 pounds. It actually weighs about 10,000 pounds, fully loaded. The ride can be rough on back country roads. The four cylinder diesel engine can be noisy. Neither the truck nor the living space has air conditioning. The gearing is low, which is good for off-road travel; don't expect it to do much more than about 62 mph on the highway for sustained periods. The front hubs have to be manually locked and unlocked (that's a good thing). The 4-wheel drive system is strong: the truck will go anywhere you would rationally want to take a small motorhome.

THE BAD STUFF
• I replaced the door to the toilet area with a curtain. I think it works better, but some people want more privacy than the curtain affords.
• I didn't like the looks of the plastic trim over the wheel wells, and at the ends of the front bumper, so I removed the trim. I think it looks better now, but some people have noticed.
• There is a 2" receiver hitch welded onto the rear bumper, but the trailer wiring is not there. It would have to be wired to pull a trailer.
• The radio is missing from the cab.
• The fresh water tank was originally on the left side. I sensed that the weight wasn't evenly distributed, so I moved the water tank to the right side, under the front dinette seat. The fill tube takes up some space next to the dinette seat.
• The fresh water tank does not have a drain valve. I did that on purpose because I didn't want the drain valve freezing in cold weather. To drain the water tank, I either siphon water out thru the fill tube, or just use the water pump to run the water out.
• Weather stripping around the camper door is deteriorated.
• Headroom in the camper is 74 inches, bunk length is 71 inches. If you are a taller person, you might feel cramped in this camper.

FEATURES

Entrance steps are built-in to the camper.
Sleeping bunk, with storage compartment below bunk, with external access doors on both sides of truck to access the storage area
130-watt solar panel with one deep cycle battery
Dinette - converts to bed
Three side windows; over dinette area , galley area and bunk area
City water connection
30 amp power connection with 120v outlet in living area.
Receiver hitch built into the rear bumper
Spare tire carrier attached (welded) to rear bumper
Two five gallon LPG tanks (removable)
Propane heater (catalytic)
Propane/electric refrigerator (two-way, propane or 120v)
2-burner propane counter-top stove (no oven)
Propane water heater
Outside shower with hot/cold water
12-volt water pump
Three rooftop vents for ventilation
Gray water and black water holding tanks
Flush toilet
Fiberglass insulation
Steel tubing frame, aluminum siding, paneled interior
Fluorescent lighting over galley area, dinette area, bunk area.
Carpet flooring
Definition lights

No oven
No air conditioner
No generator
No inside shower

DIMENSIONS

Bumper to bumper length = 20'
Height (ground to highest point on roof) = 10'
Living area length = 13'-5"
Headroom (distance from floor to ceiling) is 6'-2"
Wheel base = 133"
Camper exterior width (side to side) = 7'-2"
Dinette (converts to bed) = 35" wide, 76" long
Bunk = 35" wide, 35" high, 71" long
Storage area below bunk = 35" wide, 31" high, 82" long

CAPACITIES

Propane = Two five-gallon tanks
Fresh water = 29 gallons
Water heater = 6.2 gallons
Black water tank = 16 gallons
Gray water tank = 16 gallons
Refrigerator = 6 cubic feet
Fuel Tank = 33 gallons

TERMS

This vehicle is being sold AS-IS, no warranty is expressed or implied. The buyer is responsible for shipping. The vehicle is located in Challis, Idaho. Interested parties are encouraged to personally inspect the vehicle. I will accept cash or bank check for the balance due. No electronic transfers. If you pay with a bank check, it must be drawn on a US bank, and I must be able to verify the authenticity of the check before I release the vehicle.

Keyne

Adventurer
Wow that might be worth buying just for the low mileage nonDEF era diesel chassis... take the camper off and add a custom XP Camper Box or even an Alaskan camper and be off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz