Mitsu Fuso Camper examples

GR8ADV

Explorer

Some of us have pop up vans and some of us have big *** trucks! haha. I love those pics. I have to admit I love the room and storage I have; but it has its obvious limitations and tradeoffs. For those wondering, the little guy in the middle drives incredibly well. You would never know you were in a vehicle of its capabilities.

VicHanson

Adventurer
From Gatsma:
"Fridge not liking modified sine waves huh? How did you know this? Did it just quit, or what?
After all the time you've traveled with this rig so far, is there anything you would have done different on the build?"

Sorry for the delay, tried to answer this awhile back but lost my response before I could post it.

The fridge wouldn't start one day, just made noise and drew lots of current. A new one of a different brand worked most of the time but occasionally wouldn't start. Tried a new one of same brand (Haier), wouldn't start. Finally got a new 1000w pure sine invertor, old and new fridges all work perfect! Invertor company insisted the problem wasn't the invertor, they said it would fail completely or not at all. It is 2000w so I still use it but only for heavy resistive loads, like toaster, hot plate, or electric fry pan.

Anything different? Mainly a newer or better camper, less repairs needed. Possibly smaller and or lighter also to get better fuel mileage.

Vic

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
This is a great effort for a first time build. Check out the two clips.

They are doing a two year round the world trip in this truck. It is currently on the water bound for Malaysia. I have asked if there will be a blog.

Des bought his NPS about 18 months ago. When I originally spoke to him, he was wanting someone to build a hard-sided poptop camper for him but as he had his own commercial shopfitting business, I guess he decided to put those resources and skills to good use. He bought all the usual ATW goodies for the NPS chassis through AllTrac4x4 in Adelaide.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kfeonYc6qW8

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ-gynpzaUY

BTW Best wishes for 2015 everyone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94