MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

Mmetz23

Hey Everyone - Bought my Summit in April of this year and now going into my first winter with it. Where do you guys attach an airline to blow out the water from the system? I thought i could maybe do it from the fill hole but not sure where to source a good adapter to get a tight connection.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Nice and thanks!!

Boy if they could find a way to loose 3" it would be garagable in 8 foot garage.

7,200 gvw. No dry weight. Hoping that stays under 4,500 pounds but I realize it is hard to do.

EPO

There is at least one other company (US) that makes great products that are able to accomplish this with the height, however, they don't have the inside bathroom. There are also Australian companies that do this including an inside bathroom. The Approach would be one of a kind in this neck of the woods if they can get this done.

Last edited:

Louisd75

Adventurer
Agreed but 3" is not that much and garage ability is crucial for lots of folks

You could probably get that 3" by airing the tires down all the way.

Going with an airbag suspension like Cruisemaster offers *might* get you the ability to lower it enough, but you'd be starting off higher than the Timbren so it might just be a wash.

There was a guy I saw in Australia with an MDC hybrid that he would swap out the wheels with a set of teeny lowrider wheels and low profile tires that he'd found with a matching bolt pattern. Probably more work than most would be willing to do.

Any slope to the driveway is going to complicate things as well.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I know to have stand up height and off road ground clearance/suspension it is hard to hit 95". But why even go with a pop-up with canvas if you can't garage? I guess to have lower overall height when under tow is the reason but if one has to take off tires why not just go hardsided? All the US made off roaders in this space are 100" or higher. The Approach is closer then the others so I just think it would be a smart move to hit 95". Probably to late to change but assuming the Timbrens are 4" rise maybe go level on Timbrens and a slightly taller tire could help loose that 3"?

Hey Everyone - Bought my Summit in April of this year and now going into my first winter with it. Where do you guys attach an airline to blow out the water from the system? I thought i could maybe do it from the fill hole but not sure where to source a good adapter to get a tight connection.

On my trailer there is a threaded connection at the water pump. I undo it and blow the air through from there.

DFNDER

Given how long it took them to get to this point with the Approach, I’d be amazed if they made any major changes like those required to get under 8ft. We were hoping our EOS would make it under as well, but having seen it now, I’m glad they went with higher walls and less canvass than the Approach. Provides a better feel inside and more room for other features and is still usable at night when closed on a really cold night. I still think having a slightly lowered roof is worth it vs s 10ft hardtop just for less resistance towing, lower center of gravity, and better fit on tight trails, even if it’s still over 8ft. Trade off is worth it.

KarlN

Hey guys, just chiming in here regarding the axle. I have trailer #4 I believe (The topo design wrap they use now was our design). From what I can see in the pics, there is a major change in the frame layout from where Dale's trailer (#1) and mine were made. The water tank on mine is behind a crossmember welded in at the point of connection of the axles and he added a flange on top of the frame for the vertical bolts from the axle. There was no bolt in support bar installed from Mark but he was going to come to Seattle and install it before Covid hit. I have since installed the 2"x3" 1/4" steel tube bar and bolted it all in. In regards to the crushing and sleeves the frame is C-channel on mine not a tube frame. Other than smacking my head for the first year before I reworked the entry door, it has been pain free so far.
Is there any way to know when the changes were made? I have number 21 but it's parked in a garage in another state at the moment...

EPO

Given how long it took them to get to this point with the Approach, I’d be amazed if they made any major changes like those required to get under 8ft. We were hoping our EOS would make it under as well, but having seen it now, I’m glad they went with higher walls and less canvass than the Approach. Provides a better feel inside and more room for other features and is still usable at night when closed on a really cold night. I still think having a slightly lowered roof is worth it vs s 10ft hardtop just for less resistance towing, lower center of gravity, and better fit on tight trails, even if it’s still over 8ft. Trade off is worth it.
TetonX is somehow able to get their Hybrid below 8ft and it looks fine. I suppose it depends on the suspension, door and who knows what else. I believe that MO is wanting less "canvas" on the Approach.

Wendell-R

TetonX is somehow able to get their Hybrid below 8ft and it looks fine. I suppose it depends on the suspension, door and who knows what else. I believe that MO is wanting less "canvas" on the Approach.
It's also completely usable with the top down. I can sit up and use the table as well as sit up in bed and read or use the laptop.

I was going to get the canvas insulation package until I realized that it would be a lot easier just to drop the top if it's cold out.

Mine is 7' 5" with a fan and Rhino crossbars with a 3/4" spacer and a 2" lifted Timbren (not the composite model).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles