MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I posted how to wire the trailer and the cabin for 110V on this thread. On shore power, the fridge, furnace and a power strip inside work.

PPiazza

I just went through this same process. A month ago I purchased a MO. There were positives about both trailers. In the end what sold me was the hitch and the fridge. Also, helps that I found a great price on a MO with an inverter and other options I wanted.

I have purchased other trailers in the past and have had buyer's remorse, but that is not the case with my decision with MO. I have been on two trips one being a shake-down trip. The other was a light overland trip. Both were perfect, the trailer did well, was comfortable and met all of my needs. The trailer pulled well with both my Wrangler and Gladiator no problems on or off the road.

It helped me to write a list of must-haves and nice to have. Once I did that it was a easy decision for me.

My Summit didn't come with an inverter. There's no AC at all. Everything is DC except when plugged into shore power, there's a WFCO converter to charge the battery and run the DC appliances. Perhaps the dealer added the inverter you saw after the fact? Or are you referring to the OGT?

Let us know what you decide!
The dealer (Adventure Campers in Tupelo, MS) added a 2000w inverter to all of their Summits it turns out.

Kusala

Hello there, I just stumbled on this thread :)

This is my first post, so I thought I'd say hi and introduce myself. We recently purchased a Mission Overland trailer (like today) and will pick it up when my truck arrives in November. I'm considering adding Dual Li-ion batteries, solar and an inverter. No doubt there are discussions buried in this thread on those upgrades, but I am open to suggestions if anyone wants to chime in.

Like many, we also considered Off Grid trailers but went for MO. Ultimately, the final decision was that we wanted a place to stand, have coffee, and have a more comfortable spot out of the elements. Also, the dimensions of the MO fit our garage better than the OG (because of how the awning is fixed, it wouldn't fit).

Of course, with this new setup, we'll be saying adieu to my current rig.

Cheers IMG_2452.jpg

This is my first post, so I thought I'd say hi and introduce myself. We recently purchased a Mission Overland trailer (like today) and will pick it up when my truck arrives in November. I'm considering adding Dual Li-ion batteries, solar and an inverter. No doubt there are discussions buried in this thread on those upgrades, but I am open to suggestions if anyone wants to chime in.

Like many, we also considered Off Grid trailers but went for MO. Ultimately, the final decision was that we wanted a place to stand, have coffee, and have a more comfortable spot out of the elements. Also, the dimensions of the MO fit our garage better than the OG (because of how the awning is fixed, it wouldn't fit).

Cheers View attachment 741437

Congrats!

I upgraded my system with 2 x 100w high efficiency Renogy solar panels to my roof, paired with a 200ah lithium battery and a Renogy Rover solar controller. My battery level has never gone below 80% ever since. That includes the odd trip where I was using the stereo system for several hours per day. Rain or shine, I don't even think about it now.

As for the inverter, I was considering adding it but I can't think of any 110v appliances I want to run. For me, there's literally no point.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer

Cheers View attachment 741437

Congrats. Lots of info on this thread as well as the MO FB page.

DFNDER

Congrats!

I upgraded my system with 2 x 100w high efficiency Renogy solar panels to my roof, paired with a 200ah lithium battery and a Renogy Rover solar controller. My battery level has never gone below 80% ever since. That includes the odd trip where I was using the stereo system for several hours per day. Rain or shine, I don't even think about it now.

As for the inverter, I was considering adding it but I can't think of any 110v appliances I want to run. For me, there's literally no point.

Charging a laptop is our main reason for an inverter. Would be lost without it.

Hey all - A couple of question for anyone who has traveled extensively through the colder months where it hovers around freezing. Assuming the trailer is winterized and water has been drained, will the Truma keep the interior warm on an ongoing basis? I'm most interested in the seal when the top is down vs a full time hard top about this size. The floorplan of the trailer looks like a good fit for me and my large Bernese Mountain Dog, but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger based on the soft top. I know it will be amazing in the shoulder months and summer, but I'm looking at purchasing it going into winter, and with a pup built for snow, we'll be visiting a good bit of it.

Mrk G

For sale 39,800$ Mission Overland Summit 2022 model. Full warranty, still has insurance coverage, service warranty, gap insurance.
wife and I used the trailer to UP this year and we love it. Unfortunately , I will be undergoing neck/cervical spine surgery.We will end up selling the house. Most of our stuff as we will have to downsize.This trailer has been garage kept, hate to put it on outdoor storage.This is bank loaned, selling it for less than what we still owe. You can assume loan or however you want to negotiate. We will pay for the difference. Original price was 47k With down payment insurances, and taxes we’re still financing 42k. I just want to be transparent. Please let me know if you are interested.86B94E7F-BAC8-435D-8CE1-502D1301103B.jpeg19C71E10-EFD3-4ABE-A2ED-29B27F3C97FE.jpeg592B8D62-A520-4B0D-B03D-BB2082BC7C83.jpeg67811472-36BF-41CA-8FF4-662A4BF6E805.jpeg264274E4-283E-4843-8194-24F00A7C5275.jpegDDEA0A58-4B1F-44C0-A25F-03D7C1F0DB80.jpeg06B5EC33-C739-46DA-92C8-3651C2FDE39E.jpeg2CA06968-9F1B-4A7D-8781-14136777DB34.jpegDEAD8412-6551-44CE-B399-A4AB2F3E5B35.jpeg4F9CD552-1778-4F9E-9E1F-078EF4266013.jpeg

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
Hey all - A couple of question for anyone who has traveled extensively through the colder months where it hovers around freezing. Assuming the trailer is winterized and water has been drained, will the Truma keep the interior warm on an ongoing basis? I'm most interested in the seal when the top is down vs a full time hard top about this size. The floorplan of the trailer looks like a good fit for me and my large Bernese Mountain Dog, but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger based on the soft top. I know it will be amazing in the shoulder months and summer, but I'm looking at purchasing it going into winter, and with a pup built for snow, we'll be visiting a good bit of it.

I had a Hymer GT550 trailer with the same Truma heater that's in the MO. My trailer had - likely - two to three times the interior volume, and almost certainly worse insulation, plus a similar canvas-pop-top roof. No problems keeping the trailer at 18C while -20C outside. Your MO should fare even better.

WRHefpU.jpg

Kusala

I came across a couple of videos I thought I would share.

One is a fairly detailed walk around tour and the other is an interview with the President of MO.

Last edited:
I have my choice of these two colors. I’m going to be taking it on an extended cross-country trip, and then adding it to my other trailer to rent out when I’m not using it.

I’d be happy with either, but am leaning toward the blue, only because I don’t see a lot of them.

Which would you prefer if you were renting for a camping weekend?

F4D8DA1E-CBAD-43E2-B552-B047963B53A4.jpeg0C53C698-6C23-41B7-9BAB-E637E4AE96F5.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke