MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Thanks Mike. I measured my shower volume using the spritz, soap, rinse technique and I used less than 5L of water. I believe I can significantly improve shower satisfaction by having a 10L shower. I tried a slightly longer shower, but I ran out of hot water. It makes sense now that you say pre-heat time is around 20 minutes, I was waiting between 10-15 minutes.

When you aren't showering, do you leave the Truma water setting on Eco or Hot for random on-demand hot water (dishes/hand washing)? Or do you turn it completely off?

I keep the water heater off. While on, its heat up the cabin quite a bit. If you are taking a longer shower then you might have to readjust the hot/cold temperature

Whitewater18

Just picked up our new to us 2020 MO Summit a few weeks ago!! Reading though these posts has given us some great ideas! Doing a few modifications to it, then hitting the trails for a few months starting in July. Adding lighting to the the back, and rock lights.
Thinking of expanding the Redarc Manager 30 ours came with to the Redvision Total Vehicle Management system. Has anybody else done that yet?
Our Summit pulled great behind out Jeep JL on the 900 miles back home. Anyone else tow with a Jeep? Camped 2 nights on the way home and loved it! 8110F9E5-2318-4852-BB53-8C3BE6271259.jpeg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Added a rear flood light wired to the other exterior lights. That should make checking the bear camera better.

rear  light.jpg

Whitewater18

We started our summer trip in our Summit. Got out of the Phoenix heat traveling up to the Mogollon Rim at 7000’. Nice and cool! We are currently south of Pagosa Springs CO heading for Rio Grande reservoir today for a few days, then over Stoney Pass to Ouray. Anyone out and about and want to meet up. Send us a message!!

Attachments

• 6FDD66F2-B56D-4A04-BBF1-6C4559CC99DE.jpeg
    6FDD66F2-B56D-4A04-BBF1-6C4559CC99DE.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 44

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Pro Tip reminder

Some trailers do not charge the breakaway battery If has been a while since you checked the battery , like me, it is easy to check the charge.
The battery is easy to remove and charge up.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    930.4 KB · Views: 49
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 49
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 53
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 53

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Another Pro Tip time from @Badlandsexpeditions
In further investigation of the broken brake line , I noticed the wheel did not spin very freely and had a rubbing noise.
After some effort, I was able to get the hub/drum off and this is what I found. Apparently, the brakes have been dragging for for quite some time. I suspect since , I got the trailer about 15K miles ago. The one shoe is paper thin and the other shoe is worn as well. The drum has some very light scoring , I don't think merit replacing. I don't know of drums like these can be turned.
My advice is for people to jack up the trailer and make sure the wheels are spinning freely and the brakes shoes not dragging. If they are dragging the adjustment is easy.
I did not pull off the other side as I have no doubt it will be the same.

20220724_165509.jpg20220724_164946.jpg20220724_165652.jpg20220724_165743.jpg20220724_165935.jpg20220724_170048.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
PRO TIP SAFETY RELATED
It appears that some trailers have been manufactured with the brakes incorrectly installed.
This can result in diminished braking and increased brake wear. Dragging can occur causing the hub to get hotter than normal.
There are two easy ways to determine if your brakes were installed on the wrong side.
The electric wires should be exiting the assembly to the rear.
If you pull the hub, the white sticker should be on the left side towards the front of the trailer.
You can see by the color of the bearing grease it has been hot

Attachments

• 20220724_164946.jpg
    20220724_164946.jpg
    878.4 KB · Views: 44

Tomsdad

This thread has been quiet lately. How's everyone's summer going?

I'm Bob, a new (to me) Summit owner. Hailing from the Denver area. Been enjoying it so far and working out some kinks.

Has anyone thought of installing LiPo batteries inside the cabin?

Also, does anyone know the moderator for the Summit owner's Facebook page? Been waiting weeks to get let in.

AwfMeds

Hey Bob! I’m new as well. I picked my Summit Sunday in Missouri. Drug it home and making plans for my first trip.
probably gonna be Overland East in October.
Hoping my “retirement vehicle” is ready for Christmas break as I’m looking at the Georgia Traverse for an end of year trip.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
This thread has been quiet lately. How's everyone's summer going?

I'm Bob, a new (to me) Summit owner. Hailing from the Denver area. Bedrator for the FB page. en enjoying it so far and working out some kinks.

Has anyone thought of installing LiPo batteries inside the cabin?

Also, does anyone know the moderator for the Summit owner's Facebook page? Been waiting weeks to get let in.
There is no moderator for the Mission Overland Owners FB page. Just put the batteries in the stock location. Why take up valuable interior space.

AdvEddie

Anyone ever try one of these water flow meters to manage their water usage? I think I might install one.

Did you ever install this? curious to do the same on a small off-road trailer I have. Would love to get your thoughts.

Did you ever install this? curious to do the same on a small off-road trailer I have. Would love to get your thoughts.

I sure did. It's great!

Last edited:

Wirelessness

Hi,
I'm pretty early on in the research phase of the available adventure trailers to tow behind my Wrangler 3500/350. These units seem amazing and very compelling for many reasons. My primary motive for backcountry camping is Mountain Biking. It just doesn't seem like the Summit has an obvious way to store 2-4 mountain bikes. Especially if they are E-Bikes. 4 E-Bikes weigh 200Lbs and the only obvious place for them is near the front of the tongue. I read a few comments from this thread but don't see any solutions. Thoughts?

Hi,
I'm pretty early on in the research phase of the available adventure trailers to tow behind my Wrangler 3500/350. These units seem amazing and very compelling for many reasons. My primary motive for backcountry camping is Mountain Biking. It just doesn't seem like the Summit has an obvious way to store 2-4 mountain bikes. Especially if they are E-Bikes. 4 E-Bikes weigh 200Lbs and the only obvious place for them is near the front of the tongue. I read a few comments from this thread but don't see any solutions. Thoughts?
I ordered mine with the roof rack option. It's super burly and could easily handle 4 eBikes. The downside is loading and unloading them from that height.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I sure did. It's great!

How did you install it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz