MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I stand corrected Sodium hypochlorite, commonly referred to as bleach, has a variety of uses and is an excellent disinfectant/antimicrobial agent.

I didn't mean to split hairs and I believe it certain situations sodium hyperchlorite can produce chlorine gas. Lots of people assume bleach contains free chlorine. I just didn't want folks grabbing thier hot tub chlorine and dumping it into thier fresh water tanks.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Changed out the faucet. Taking the sink out makes it much easier. I had to use some 3/8 inch compression barrel connectors to hook up the hoses. The lid hits the faucet when closed but no big deal. Now washing dishes will be much easier.

20220506_134228.jpg20220506_134218.jpg20220506_142213.jpg20220506_141826.jpg20220506_141831.jpg

Mrk G

Hello, new here. I was looking for an alternative mount for the gas/propane. I could not find any vendor selling OEM. I checked the dealer and it was freak'n 900$ for an aluminum matching mount. Any suggestions please, closest to match OEM would be ideal. Thank you.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Hello, new here. I was looking for an alternative mount for the gas/propane. I could not find any vendor selling OEM. I checked the dealer and it was freak'n 900$ for an aluminum matching mount. Any suggestions please, closest to match OEM would be ideal. Thank you.
I bought this one. Was $120.00. PowerTank
Propane Tank Bracket for 9" Diameter

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Installed. Very similar to OEM mount.
fc7f2bd107aeb5ce98abb0ff1972ad8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer

DiagonalAce

More upgrades this week.

I added a Renogy battery monitor inside the cabin. I wanted the monitor integrated into the switch panel, so I drafted and 3D printed a custom plate. The project ended up more expensive than I was anticipating because, when cutting a bigger hole in the cabinet, I burned out a Dremel.
View attachment 718750
View attachment 718751
View attachment 718752

Also installed a rear LED light. It was a serious challenge trying to route the wires in the spot I chose. I discovered that spot required me to drill through several layers of wall, frame and crossbar.

Decided to wire it to the existing exterior light switch. The remaining two switches will be used for flood lights and a camera in the future.

View attachment 718753

Do you have the specs or file for the 3D printout you did? I've been wanting to look into a way to monitor my battery. I have only had it for a couple of months and have only been able to test the trailer out twice (once with the Truma system going haywire leading to having to make a Service appointment). I have no idea how long I can expect one battery to last on a trip and want a way to monitor to determine my next steps (if neccesary) to ensuring I have enough power when out and about.

Do you have the specs or file for the 3D printout you did? I've been wanting to look into a way to monitor my battery. I have only had it for a couple of months and have only been able to test the trailer out twice (once with the Truma system going haywire leading to having to make a Service appointment). I have no idea how long I can expect one battery to last on a trip and want a way to monitor to determine my next steps (if neccesary) to ensuring I have enough power when out and about.

Ya you bet. It doesn't seem like I can attach files here. If you private message me an email address, I will send them to you. Unless, someone here knows how to upload files to the forum?

Edit: I'm an idiot. The button to attach files is right in front of my face!

Attachments

• SwitchPanelTemplates.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Just an update to my Topargee water meter. We used it for the first time on a 4 day camp.

I tested it during three sanitization cycles before we left. Parked on my slanted driveway, I was able to fill and drain about 110L (29g) of water as measured by the meter. I did this twice and got consistent drain measurements each time. Then, I tilted the trailer and managed to get in 122L (32g) of water as measured by the meter being set to the known 110L and draining it into the negative (-12L) as measured by the meter.

On a related note, I believe some people have questioned how much water the Summit can actually hold. Once tilted in the optimal way (nose high and leaning towards the passenger side, I estimate I was able to fit about 135L (35.5g) of water in. This is just a guess. I first filled it while on my driveway and assumed there was 122L in the tank. Then , I moved the trailer to flat ground, jacked the nose up and tilted it to the passenger side. My guess is that I got 10-15L more water in. Like a bonehead, I forgot to measure all the water when I drained it before leaving camp. Next time I'll confirm the total capacity.

So far, I am happy with the Topargee water meter. It's so nice to know how much water you have remaining.

Prior to installing the water meter, we were hesitant to take a real shower. We were basically spritzing ourselves. Now that I have an idea how much water I use, I'm ready to have a real shower.
Truma Water heater questions:

What is the best way to manage the hot water tank?
Do you leave it on Eco mode all day and then Boost mode before showering?
Or Hot mode all day and Boost mode before showering?
When using Boost mode, how long does it take for the Truma to get up to temp? I was originally told 10 minutes, but that doesn't seem to be enough on my unit.
In Boost mode and properly up to temp, will the hot water run indefinitely? (assuming your shower stream is a mix of hot water and cold water)

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Prior to installing the water meter, we were hesitant to take a real shower. We were basically spritzing ourselves. Now that I have an idea how much water I use, I'm ready to have a real shower.
Truma Water heater questions:

What is the best way to manage the hot water tank?
Do you leave it on Eco mode all day and then Boost mode before showering?
Or Hot mode all day and Boost mode before showering?
When using Boost mode, how long does it take for the Truma to get up to temp? I was originally told 10 minutes, but that doesn't seem to be enough on my unit.
In Boost mode and properly up to temp, will the hot water run indefinitely? (assuming your shower stream is a mix of hot water and cold water)

The water tank is 2.64 gal. When I'm going to shower, I use boost and wait about 20 minutes. I usually set up camp in the meanwhile.

I've had three people takes showers in a row with no issues. That is turning the water on and off as needed. I found some people think they can take a shower as if at home. That will not work out well.

b= eco* Water temperature 104 °F (40 °C)
c = hot – Water temperature 140 °F (60 °C)
d= boost* – Boiler content is heated quickly (boiler priority) for up to 40 minutes.
The water temperature is then kept at the higher level (about 144 °F (62 °C)) for two subsequent heating cycles. When the water temperature is reached, the room is heated again. * This icon flashes until the desired water temperature is reached

The water tank is 2.64 gal. When I'm going to shower, I use boost and wait about 20 minutes. I usually set up camp in the meanwhile.

I've had three people takes showers in a row with no issues. That is turning the water on and off as needed. I found some people think they can take a shower as if at home. That will not work out well.

b= eco* Water temperature 104 °F (40 °C)
c = hot – Water temperature 140 °F (60 °C)
d= boost* – Boiler content is heated quickly (boiler priority) for up to 40 minutes.
The water temperature is then kept at the higher level (about 144 °F (62 °C)) for two subsequent heating cycles. When the water temperature is reached, the room is heated again. * This icon flashes until the desired water temperature is reached

Thanks Mike. I measured my shower volume using the spritz, soap, rinse technique and I used less than 5L of water. I believe I can significantly improve shower satisfaction by having a 10L shower. I tried a slightly longer shower, but I ran out of hot water. It makes sense now that you say pre-heat time is around 20 minutes, I was waiting between 10-15 minutes.

When you aren't showering, do you leave the Truma water setting on Eco or Hot for random on-demand hot water (dishes/hand washing)? Or do you turn it completely off?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles