MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Ahh thanks. Yes, not having the IR emitters is a downside. Was thinking I'd install a rear LED light on one of the open switches. All things considered, the Garmin option will probably end up costing me 3 times as much, but I was considering one anyways for the navigation. Maybe I'll shop around. Thanks again.

I have the Overlander and love it. I'm adding a rear LED light but am wiring it to turn on with all the exterior lights .

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Another Pro Tip for owners of Mission Overland trailers with the Redarc.
Be sure to carry extra cat 5 cable and RJ45 splitters and RJ45 to RJ11 adapters.

These parts are delicate and can fail.
Without these connectors, the Redarc system cannot work

20220417_173334.jpg20220417_173214.jpg

loup407

Adventurer
I have a BC35 mounted on my rear license plate, makes it easy to run the wire into the trailer. Power to the camera uses one of the “open“ switches. The overlander works great, but, as Mike mentioned, one has to remember to bring it into the trailer. I haven’t used it enough to ascertain how functional it is at night without IR.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Pro tip

Treating the canvas in the pop up really helps with water repellency

Despite being in several torrential rainstorms I have never had any leakage.

There are several different types of waterproofers such as this, scotch guard and others.
20220418_155711.jpg

NoodleSoup

Hi all-

We picked up our new Summit from B&B RV in Denver last Saturday and took it on its inaugural camping trip near Amarillo TX as as we drove home to south Texas.

I have been following this forum for the last few months and I appreciate all the insights, ideas and comments y’all have posted. I hope to contribute to community in the future.

Cheers,
Steve

EA4FB885-48CE-4FFA-9D8F-156839DA8BA9.jpegB3E7D695-9D99-4A96-B29F-F6F9C86795C7.jpeg

I have a BC35 mounted on my rear license plate, makes it easy to run the wire into the trailer. Power to the camera uses one of the “open“ switches. The overlander works great, but, as Mike mentioned, one has to remember to bring it into the trailer. I haven’t used it enough to ascertain how functional it is at night without IR.

Great idea. I just looked and that hole for the license plate light runs right into the switch panel compartment. Perfect.

So, on my open switches, I'm missing the inline fuses that are attached to the live switches. Do you think they are necessary?

Also, I'm am a total moron when it comes to electrical. Apologies in advance. The wiring bundle from the battery box to the back cabinet is full. I couldn't get a piece of dried spaghetti in there if I tried. If I wire something to one of the open switches on the panel, can I just tap into one of the existing negative wires already run from the battery? Or do I wire the new appliance through the WFCO converter?

EDIT: I figured it out:

Last edited:
More upgrades this week.

I added a Renogy battery monitor inside the cabin. I wanted the monitor integrated into the switch panel, so I drafted and 3D printed a custom plate. The project ended up more expensive than I was anticipating because, when cutting a bigger hole in the cabinet, I burned out a Dremel.
20220419_161125.jpg
20220416_143541.jpg
20220424_173151.jpg

Also installed a rear LED light. It was a serious challenge trying to route the wires in the spot I chose. I discovered that spot required me to drill through several layers of wall, frame and crossbar.

Decided to wire it to the existing exterior light switch. The remaining two switches will be used for flood lights and a camera in the future.

20220424_171641.jpg

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Pro Tip
Sometimes the Truma acts up and does not want to work.
Most times , just pulling off the knob on the control panel
and putting it back on will solve the issue.

DiagonalAce

Winterizing the Summit’s water system requires nothing more than draining and blowing the lines out with low pressure (~40 psi). There is no need to use antifreeze, which can harm the Truma.
Water system should be disinfected at least once a year. The Truma manual specifically mentions to not use bleach. I’m guessing the water tank might be stainless steel. Use an ethanol based disinfectant. These are widely available for RV water systems.

This confuses me as my instructions said to use bleach. Disinfecting it with bleach was the first thing I did when I purchased my Mission Overland in preparation to fill up the tank. The only thing I'm not 100% sure of is if it is safe to drink the water from the tank (assuming you add safe drinking water to the tank).

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
This confuses me as my instructions said to use bleach. Disinfecting it with bleach was the first thing I did when I purchased my Mission Overland in preparation to fill up the tank. The only thing I'm not 100% sure of is if it is safe to drink the water from the tank (assuming you add safe drinking water to the tank).
Depends how much bleach you have in the tank. If you flushed the bleach solution out you should be fine. Chlorine is used to disinfect drinking water.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Pro Tip

When all else fails, read the instructions. These can be D/L on a phone for easy reference.

Attachments

• truma-heating-combi-operating-us-en.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
  • truma-heating-combi-troubleshooting-us-en.pdf
    26.3 KB · Views: 7
  • truma-heating-cp-plus-installation-operating-us_0.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94