MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

I draw the line at freezing. Localized temperatures can drop lower than the reported temp, but I'm sure there is a little wiggle room if you keep water moving fairly frequently. I plan to drain it completely and just use a 5gal water jug inside the trailer for drinking water.

BTW. your question partially motivated me to finish my insulation panel project. Here's the installed result.
Well done. I have to do something like that before next spring. My kid is in the bunks and he gets a bit cold some nights.

colb45

Observer
I draw the line at freezing. Localized temperatures can drop lower than the reported temp, but I'm sure there is a little wiggle room if you keep water moving fairly frequently. I plan to drain it completely and just use a 5gal water jug inside the trailer for drinking water.

BTW. your question partially motivated me to finish my insulation panel project. Here's the installed result.

Yea fair enough not worth the risk of wrecking something. For your insulation project what did you end up using?

KevinS

This page is for present and future owners. Feel free to chime in and include your builds.

We finally got up to check out our Mission Overland Trailer this past week. It is the first of a new series by Mark Badgerow. Nanc and I had hoped to have it down for Expedition West but an unanticipated cataract surgery may preclude that. We do plan on being at all three of Ray Hyland's Overland Rallyes this summer. So if you want to check it out there please look us up.

We worked with Mark to make this trailer the dream rig we have always wanted. We went with the Mission Overland because of Mark's reputation and use of only the best parts. There is no wood anywhere in the build. this is important to us because we live in the PNC and plan on spending time up in BC, AB, and potentially Alaska. I think it has every option we could think of other than AC and TV which we don't need. Probably the biggest innovations are the pop up top, a table with bench seats inside (which collapse and become an integral part of the bed), and rear entry. At the builder's request we will be critiquing the trailer from day one and will include any suggestions for upgrades and additional options.

Future plans include lots of camping and fly fishing throughout the west and hopefully some time on the Sea of Cortez this winter.

View attachment 514580View attachment 514581View attachment 514582

KevinS

We've been looking at off-road trailers for well over a year and are pretty set on the Summit. I'd like to hear from folks on their pro and con experiences with this model and brand. Thanks in advance!

borneo1910

Question for everyone. I'm considering buying a summit and I wanted to store a RTT on the top so I could camp with another family (with the pop up down), but also camp with my 2 kids in the bunk with the pop up up and the RTT closed (not used). Will the struts, or what ever holds the pop up portion up, open with a RTT on top of it?

Question for everyone. I'm considering buying a summit and I wanted to store a RTT on the top so I could camp with another family (with the pop up down), but also camp with my 2 kids in the bunk with the pop up up and the RTT closed (not used). Will the struts, or what ever holds the pop up portion up, open with a RTT on top of it?

That would be incredibly heavy and inefficient IMO. For the price of a RTT, you could buy a sweet ground camp setup (for guests) and transport it on the roof rack of the Summit.

Woodrough

And… you probably wouldn’t want to sleep in a summit with the roof closed unless absolutely necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94