MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Adding two handles to the door helps and a strap to pull the door in. Depending on the door struts the door can be easier to close. My door is harder to close and my friends are super easy to close.
Ours seems to be somewhere in the middle of resistance when closing. It doesn't take a lot of force but you definitely have to be assertive. I am able to stand inside, reach to the side of the door, just a little out from the top corners, grab the edge, and pull the door down. But, I am considering adding those glass suction handles others have added.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Ours seems to be somewhere in the middle of resistance when closing. It doesn't take a lot of force but you definitely have to be assertive. I am able to stand inside, reach to the side of the door, just a little out from the top corners, grab the edge, and pull the door down. But, I am considering adding those glass suction handles others have added.

I added Kayak handles

door handles.jpg

RonC

Hi all, my name is Ron, a long time lurker. We currently camp with a Crux 2700 (basically a Black series type pop up tent camper). Two of our three daughters are in college now and life has changed so....

We will be picking up a 2021 Summit next week. I have a few questions hopefully some of you might answer.

First, the shipped battery looks woefully under sized and not an AGM. I cannot see it powering the fridge for more than a day. What have you done to fix this. My thinking is replace with two 100Ah AGM batteries. Anybody else do this and did you do it without any new drilling?
Second, we will need to purchase walls for the awning. Any thoughts on how well they work?

Thanks!
Ron

Hi all, my name is Ron, a long time lurker. We currently camp with a Crux 2700 (basically a Black series type pop up tent camper). Two of our three daughters are in college now and life has changed so....

We will be picking up a 2021 Summit next week. I have a few questions hopefully some of you might answer.

First, the shipped battery looks woefully under sized and not an AGM. I cannot see it powering the fridge for more than a day. What have you done to fix this. My thinking is replace with two 100Ah AGM batteries. Anybody else do this and did you do it without any new drilling?
Second, we will need to purchase walls for the awning. Any thoughts on how well they work?

Thanks!
Ron

Congrats Ron!

- I have not had any problems powering the fridge for several days but I have the solar package. I don't think it uses much juice. It's like a Yeti cooler that needs the odd top-up.

- I ordered the walls with my unit (Feb2021) but they were out of stock at delivery (May 2021) and I have been waiting ever since. At this point, I am trying to source them directly from OVS but they still have stock issues. I have heard they work very well.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer

Thanks!
Ron
My 100 amp battery works just fine

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
I have the stock dual 100ah wet deep cycles and REDARC 30. Can run fridge easily for a full week without any serious concern about charging.

I also have the full wall set. Highly recommend. Ordered a few months ago, directly from OVS. Arrived in less than 2 weeks. Wall set is pretty awesome to have.

GHT

I have the stock dual 100ah wet deep cycles and REDARC 30. Can run fridge easily for a full week without any serious concern about charging.

I also have the full wall set. Highly recommend. Ordered a few months ago, directly from OVS. Arrived in less than 2 weeks. Wall set is pretty awesome to have.
Why do you highly recommend the walls? Thanks for the advice. I will be picking up my unit in the next few weeks.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Why do you highly recommend the walls? Thanks for the advice. I will be picking up my unit in the next few weeks.
The walls give an added element of privacy and protection from weather and/or sun. We recently used walls 2 and 3 to shield my stepson from expected overnight rain and wind. He was sleeping in my Bunker XL cot tent. Worked very well.
a19cce8eb5c6150a50b3f40fe4f385ca.jpg
13179f3e87074d35b092d5451de43873.jpg
6399acc646571ee69ea1d5d27263134a.jpg

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
@pnwinfernopro What kind of lights do you have hanging from the awning?
Goal Zero string lights, and 2 of their Crush Lights for low lighting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles