MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

I didn't mean to be secretive. It's a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica with factory tow package, so it's actually 360/3600 rather than 350/3500. Front wheel drive, which I guess is pretty pertinent. Just for full disclosure my plan was an on-road road trip out west for a few weeks next summer for our family of 3 (two adults and one 7 year old) but I am focusing on off-road capable trailers for future adventures and generally not being a piece of junk that will fall apart in no time. There aren't many options when you have restrictions on trailer and tongue weight, sleeping 3, being rugged, and available to buy before next summer... I thought the Summit was OK but now I am having to rethink.

I too am curious about the weight stats. I'm using an F150, so it's not about capacity, I am just curious by nature. I'd try contacting Mission Overland/ Mark directly through Facebook or their website. He might give you some insight.

GaCaPhil

Hi all! New summit owner here. We picked it up today from xgrid. It’s looking great, but we are having an issue with the right turn signal when connected to my 2018 Tacoma. It flashes briefly, but quickly stops. Even the turn signals on the truck stop. This only happens with the trailer connected. The truck is fine with it disconnected. Connecting another vehicle to the summit works fine, and connecting a different trailer to my truck also works. Has anyone else seen something like this, or have any ideas about what might be causing it? It looks like the truck is detecting a fault and disabling the signal.

GaCaPhil

The right turn signal wiring ended up being shorted to ground hard enough that it was making my truck go into an over current protection mode, but not hard enough to show any misbehavior with the other test vehicle. MO and xGrid were very helpful at dealing with it.

Daisy22

I too am curious about the weight stats. I'm using an F150, so it's not about capacity, I am just curious by nature. I'd try contacting Mission Overland/ Mark directly through Facebook or their website. He might give you some insight.
We use an F150 currently to tow our trailer. We had ours weighed and it was 3060lbs with full water and full fridge. The tongue weight was 400lbs.

colb45

Observer
We just pulled the trigger finally one on.

What would be peoples recommendations for winter use? Talking that -5 to -15C range. We camp all year round, and when it is not in use it will be parked in our garage.

potfish

Thanks Daisy, very helpful to get some real data. Your setup is close enough to what I would do, that it’s clear I would need to change my towing vehicle if I settled on the Summit. This discussion has been valuable.

Daisy22

Check out what others are using also. We actually just bought a landcruiser that we are starting to upgrade to the new tow vehicle.

We keep the awning walls, the clam walls (3), clothing for myself and husband and two Plano tubs, medium size. One with all campsite gear and the other with kitchen stuff. The awning is the nomadic 270. Bedding. I think that is all.
Awesome. Thank you. We are very similiar aside from the solar panels (40lbs) the camp chairs (30lbs) and one folding table (15lbs). It's nice to know we have some room before the maximum load (3500) is reached.

cyclebrock

We just pulled the trigger finally one on.

What would be peoples recommendations for winter use? Talking that -5 to -15C range. We camp all year round, and when it is not in use it will be parked in our garage.
I ran mine for a couple of days last winter in -20c weather. it was comfortable enough, but chewed through 1 full propane tank in those 2 day just heating it. I'm currently making some insulating panels for the canvas out of reflective bubble wrap.

colb45

Observer
I ran mine for a couple of days last winter in -20c weather. it was comfortable enough, but chewed through 1 full propane tank in those 2 day just heating it. I'm currently making some insulating panels for the canvas out of reflective bubble wrap.

Good to know, we ran a diesel/kerosene furnace system in our RTT that sipped on fuel but only ran it when we went to bed and sporadically through out the day.

Curious what the coldest temps the water system could be subjected to before there was a failure... not that i want to go out and test that.

cyclebrock

Good to know, we ran a diesel/kerosene furnace system in our RTT that sipped on fuel but only ran it when we went to bed and sporadically through out the day.

Curious what the coldest temps the water system could be subjected to before there was a failure... not that i want to go out and test that.
I draw the line at freezing. Localized temperatures can drop lower than the reported temp, but I'm sure there is a little wiggle room if you keep water moving fairly frequently. I plan to drain it completely and just use a 5gal water jug inside the trailer for drinking water.

BTW. your question partially motivated me to finish my insulation panel project. Here's the installed result.

Attachments

• 20211006_213509 (2).jpg
    20211006_213509 (2).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
  • 20211006_213440 (2).jpg
    20211006_213440 (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 111

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior