MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
2020 Mission Overland Summit
Unfortunately my wife has lost her job and toys are the first things to go. We absolutely love this trailer. It was purchased from BigSkyRV last May. Is been on a handful of adventures and has performed great! I’ve included a picture of the build sheet.
Options from the factory:
  • full size matching spare
  • 270 deg awning
  • Extra propane tank
  • Extreme package
    • Coated from
    • Aluminum full skid
    • Stainless steel latches
Additions that I’ve added:
  • 160 watt Overland Solar flexible panel
  • 2 extra handles on the rear hatch, one inside, one outside
  • Lock N Roll hitch (truck side and trailer side)
  • Trasharoo
  • Bug screen for rear hatch
  • Propane tanks have 2 latches per side from power tank

I’m located in Denver, CO. $36,000

Private messages work best. View attachment 637081View attachment 637084View attachment 637085View attachment 637081View attachment 637084View attachment 637085
So sorry for you and your wife. These are terrible times. Wishing you the very best with your sale and future endeavors.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Still missing my dog. We were moving furniture around the other day and I f

It is the electric braking system for the trailer that Mark installed. I’ll see if I can get the manufacture’s name in the morning. The system only works when the trailer is attached to the vehicle.
Sorry for the delay. Pics of control box. Hope this helps.
A2C22BAC-A5A2-408D-83A1-116FE742A48F.jpeg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Thanks for the info!

Just spoke with Mark and our frame is competed and I just finished the graphic design for our trailer build! Delivery is looking like late March or early April 2021. Looked at many trailers and landed on Mission Overland.
In Canada, you need trailer brakes for any trailer over 1,360kg (3,000 lbs). So the Canadian units are not suppplied with a brake controller as the dry weight is under the registered weight as listed by the manufacturer.

Thanks again!
No matter what the weight, when off-reading, especially downhill, trailers this size need brakes. They add so much safety and control. You’ll be happy you ordered them.

Tell me about your graphics please!

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Looking forward to the next steps.

Getting older and climbing in and out of a tent was not fun anymore, looking forward to having a heater and a comfortable place to sit and play scrabble at night if the weather is bad.

Nanc and I hit the same wall several years ago. After 15 years in a RTT it was time to move on. just remember that it will take longer, especially at speed on asphalt, to stop. Have fun! And remember, if you don’t post pics here it didn’t happen. ?

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Hello all!! Just picked up our trailer yesterday, after a year of researching and shopping all available options. Very happy with this decision.
d120c053a463c632cbe9512d716e0058.jpg
95369ecbd85b4bd95b8ec3cbd2998381.jpg
447c0b4c339c16e02d536a0e2cd20176.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Congratulations. Great graphics. Are those lights or reflectors in the back in the center at the angle?

I'd be concerned about all the dirt and dust those vents are going to fill the cabinet with.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Congratulations. Great graphics. Are those lights or reflectors in the back in the center at the angle?

I'd be concerned about all the dirt and dust those vents are going to fill the cabinet with.
Thank you. Graphics are very PNW

Those are reflectors at the rear, mid body angle. Full LED lighting across the frame, and 3rd brake light top center.

The side vent in the box will get an inside block plate for heavy dust outings. The vent is required for battery venting, but mostly unnecessary.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer

Those are reflectors at the rear, mid body angle. Full LED lighting across the frame, and 3rd brake light top center.

The side vent in the box will get an inside block plate for heavy dust outings. The vent is required for battery venting, but mostly unnecessary.

I had mentioned to Mark the need for that third brake light. Good to know he incorporated it . Can't see the brakes lights in traffic otherwise. I wish I could fit one to mine but the wiring is not possible.

I have a sealed battery so venting is not needed. Have fun with it .

loup407

Adventurer
I blocked my vent, after installing a lithium battery.
You will be surprised where you can take that trailer.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Well, I finally got it done. And it works great! These are a couple of shots pre-mounting but prior to reinstalling the Electronic brake controller box. It had to be moved slightly to clear the wheels when in the stored position. My wonderful neighbor came over with a 1-1/4" drill bit and a carbon grinder bit for squaring off the edges.

I want to thank Mike for the inspiration. These Australian made Ark 750 Extremes can be found on Amazon.

Ark Stand II.jpgArk stand.jpg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I recently completed the installation of the IC7100 radio and antenna system in the 4Runner. HF capabilities are fun for talking all over the world while camping/overlanding. They also come in handy, and make a great backup for the inReach system, in case of emergencies. The VHF/UHF frequencies work great for between vehicle communications, and for repeater work on occasion. D473568A-3072-4BB8-8CF5-35488A2AED3B.jpeg4B5F1708-7F67-4A5A-A4DE-8F77E7FD7D6C.jpegA0C8A765-9456-4EC5-8833-88ABAEC4F173.jpeg0A03382C-26B6-4D3A-B20E-55A9801849B4.jpeg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Very cool setup. I used to have a Land Cruiser with a Motorola Micom HF radio and 102" whip. I could make phone patch calls to my parents when driving home from the Embassy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior