MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer

TB303

I don't know what Trimax you have. I also lock the pintle ring.

The TCL75, the comparable unit to the Club you have. Thanks for the rec on the pintle ring lock. I'm new to this — if I get that, which lock do you recommend getting to use with it? Thanks.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The TCL75, the comparable unit to the Club you have. Thanks for the rec on the pintle ring lock. I'm new to this — if I get that, which lock do you recommend getting to use with it? Thanks.
Use any padlock you want.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
You might want to check how your trailer brake wires were run. The P/S the wire was run in between the belly pan and the frame. The D/S was run under the suspension arm and got crushed by the articulation of the suspension.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 54
  • thumbnail (12).jpg
    thumbnail (12).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 55

TB303

Hi all, another newbie question (and thanks in advance for the advice so far). I'm anticipating pickup of mine at the end of the month from XGrid in Las Vegas. I have a 2006 4 runner with the factory 7 pin port. What cable do I need to get to attach to the trailer? I've never towed before so this is all new to me.

I already bought the RedArc EBC, which I'll be installing this weekend.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 9.47.37 AM.png

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Hi all, another newbie question (and thanks in advance for the advice so far). I'm anticipating pickup of mine at the end of the month from XGrid in Las Vegas. I have a 2006 4 runner with the factory 7 pin port. What cable do I need to get to attach to the trailer? I've never towed before so this is all new to me.

I already bought the RedArc EBC, which I'll be installing this weekend.

View attachment 613680

You are good to go. The trailer cable plugs into the truck port. Be sure to check what lug nuts are on the trailer and you get the lug key.

TB303

@mep1811 it has the max coupler and my 4r has a 2" hitch so we're good to go. i'm psyched! and this thread has helped get a few other things in preparation for it.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
In addition to checking the lug nuts check the bolts holding the suspension cross beam , the fridge has the 110V cable.

If the propane bottles only have one strap be sure they are tight . Even so they can bounce out

You might want to check how your trailer brake wires were run. The P/S the wire was run in between the belly pan and the frame. The D/S was run under the suspension arm and got crushed by the articulation of the suspension.
Add another thing to the list to check and fix..........

duracell24

Man. I really appreciate this forum and the honesty on it from the contributors. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these but I’m going to keep looking based on what I’ve been reading on here.

Gonna look harder at the Off-Grids and Boreas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94