MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
He has changed the battery type in various trailers, so that doesn't help.

Regarding driving to charge: without special modifications, you will not get much, if any, charge from driving. Trying to push the angry pixies down a nearly 40' circuit which is likely mostly 14 AWG wire, doesn't get you much. Whether the Redarc can make use of this, I haven't checked.

A.
That says the screenshot of my battery
condition after driving for about 6 hours .
today.
My trailer battery does not charge off the 7-pin. I have a separate circuit which goes from the primary vehicle battery to the Redarc.
We'll see what it's like in the morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200804-191128.png
    Screenshot_20200804-191128.png
    212.6 KB · Views: 22

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Here are some pics of the five sections of 24" airtrack I've added to the top of the box. I installed them running front to back in relation to the trailer. Very easy install by one person. Each one is spaced 6" apart. I installed them in the direction I did thinking of egress of water and noise while driving. I'm very happy with the results. Thinking it over though, I should have possibly gone with four 36" tracks mounted side to side. This would be due solely to the use of the single hole tie downs I ordered. Just personal preferences.

7A755183-05EC-4A7E-8798-FA2E58C60AFC.jpeg129297EA-5649-406C-857A-BA78AD83A37F.jpeg

carbon60

Explorer
Here are some pics of the five sections of 24" airtrack I've added to the top of the box. I installed them running front to back in relation to the trailer. Very easy install by one person. Each one is spaced 6" apart. I installed them in the direction I did thinking of egress of water and noise while driving. I'm very happy with the results. Thinking it over though, I should have possibly gone with four 36" tracks mounted side to side. This would be due solely to the use of the single hole tie downs I ordered. Just personal preferences.

Looks great. How are you preventing water from going in via the fasteners?

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Hey Carbon60, and everyone,

Here is a UTube from Australia discussing AGM versus Lithium technoloty. As a battery dolt, I found it pretty interesting. There are a few "but what if's" that come up to me. First of all, Australia is not noted for its frigid winters. Spokane, though not as bad as my home state of Minnesota, still gets its share of snow and cold weather. Also, he doesn't discuss the situation that a lot of us Mission Overlanders find ourselves in. That is battery drain due to camping in one location over a period of days. At any rate, I'd love to have you watch it and give me your feelings about it. My two car batteries are both AGM. The starter battery usually sits at 12.5 V after sitting for a couple of days. It has been that way since new. The accessory battery usually ends up down at 12.1 volts. The beastie is running dual 6 volt lead acid batteries. At home on shore power they show 14.7 v. once disconnected from shore power they rapidly level out at 13.5 v. Each day they drop lower. I'm not sure why because all accesories are turned off. I have been looking keenly at some of the newer lithium batteries that others here have pointed out. But have been hesitant to purchase one or two 12 v versions due to their price. I was thinking of replacing my car's accessory battery with one and the two 6 v batteries in the Beastie. That is $ 2 K !!. What are your thoughts? Have any of you put together a spread sheet showing amp draw based on each accessory installed? What is your typical battery draw when just sitting with nothing running?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The trailer looks so lonely without the Land Cruiser

Attachments

• IMG_20200815_113540676_HDR~01.jpg
    IMG_20200815_113540676_HDR~01.jpg
    623.7 KB · Views: 39

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Camping in Bear country in Montana.
went down the 34 degrees but was very warm and cozy without having to use the heater.

Our view in the morning from the bear camera.

Removing the dinette table and replacing it with a simple TV folding table has really increased the amount of usable space inside the trailer.

image000001.jpgimage000002.jpgimage000000.jpgimage000005.jpgimage000003.jpgimage000004.jpg

Last edited:
Whats everyone's take on why there are multiple Mission Overland trailers in stock at dealers across the country when one can't seem to find any other Overland trailers in stock anywhere? Haven't been able to wrap my head around it? Price?

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Whats everyone's take on why there are multiple Mission Overland trailers in stock at dealers across the country when one can't seem to find any other Overland trailers in stock anywhere? Haven't been able to wrap my head around it? Price?
Mark has been working his butt off to set up arrangements with various dealers all over down here in the States. If you look at his site on Facebook you'll see that he typically is now producing ~10 trailers at a time. He ships them down on commercial flatbeds so can get them across the border. I know that before being able to sell here he had to meet all the federal standards and had worked really hard to do so. I think all his hard work is starting to pay off. I still believe this is the best trailer built in North America. Wish this Covid issue would clear up so Nanc and I could feel safe going out again.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I've been checking with the local USFS offices here in the PNW. Almost everyone has given me the same story; they have never seen this much traffic into the more remote campsites! We are going to wait until the local schools start up again in September. then I plan on getting out before there is too much snow on the ground. This is one of the places I'll be going back to.

St Joe 3.jpeg

Pnwfullsize

Mark has been working his butt off to set up arrangements with various dealers all over down here in the States. If you look at his site on Facebook you'll see that he typically is now producing ~10 trailers at a time. He ships them down on commercial flatbeds so can get them across the border. I know that before being able to sell here he had to meet all the federal standards and had worked really hard to do so. I think all his hard work is starting to pay off. I still believe this is the best trailer built in North America. Wish this Covid issue would clear up so Nanc and I could feel safe going out again.

I think maybe because there isn't a lot of information out there on the missions. So if you happen to stumble upon one on a dealers site you might be hesitant to spend the 36k+. I made a trip to Montana to look at the mission at Big Sky RV. I also made a deposit on a Boreas XT so I could compare both side by side. I like the mission a lot but left with the Boreas.

Pnwfullsize

What was the key feature(s) that made you decide on the Boreas?
Tom

I preferred the galley kitchen off the back. Seemed to be more usefull storage for us. The rear door on the mission was very awkward to close. The shape of the mission didn't leave us with an easy solution for hauling our bikes. As well as the Boreas can haul a RTT on top for our future kids.

The only benefit to the mission for us was the ability to stand inside, and after seeing that in person it wasn't enough standing room to outweigh the pros of the boreas. For us atleast. There were also some fit and finish things that stood out and the boreas won that competition.

VA_Cruiser

I preferred the galley kitchen off the back. Seemed to be more usefull storage for us. The rear door on the mission was very awkward to close. The shape of the mission didn't leave us with an easy solution for hauling our bikes. As well as the Boreas can haul a RTT on top for our future kids.

The only benefit to the mission for us was the ability to stand inside, and after seeing that in person it wasn't enough standing room to outweigh the pros of the boreas. For us atleast. There were also some fit and finish things that stood out and the boreas won that competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles