MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The Alu boxes are great very lightweight and weatherproof unlike the wolf packs which are not weatherproof.

Over the fridge I have stuff like dish towels paper plates napkins paper bowls zip lock bags, Saran wrap , aluminum foil.
on the opposite side I have my Coleman lantern some 1 pound propane cylinders and butane bottles for the jetboil.

The hitch extension is great. I can open up the two swing outs while attached to the trailer which is wonderful.
Also makes backing up the trailer a little bit easier.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 66

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
We were truly blessed today.
All the campsites in the Grand Teton National Park usually fill up by 8 in the morning.
We had seen, at the visitor center, that this site had vacancies.
We drove over to the site and of course it was full.
When we were getting ready to leave , a gentleman drove up and said you guys need a camp spot I'm leaving you could have mine.
God definitely looked down upon us because every campsite within 60 MI is full and RV parks are well over $100 a night.
Wastewater cannot be deposited on the ground due to the environmental and bear hazard.
We have to got this collapsible jug which will be our gray water receptacle.
@ Gros Ventre Campground

Attachments

• image000003.jpg
    image000003.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20200731_194429_01.jpg
    IMG_20200731_194429_01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 97

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
The Alu boxes are great very lightweight and weatherproof unlike the wolf packs which are not weatherproof.

Over the fridge I have stuff like dish towels paper plates napkins paper bowls zip lock bags, Saran wrap , aluminum foil.
on the opposite side I have my Coleman lantern some 1 pound propane cylinders and butane bottles for the jetboil.

The hitch extension is great. I can open up the two swing outs while attached to the trailer which is wonderful.
Also makes backing up the trailer a little bit easier.

that is a great use for old yard signs and some baler wire. I'll have to try that!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
that is a great use for old yard signs and some baler wire. I'll have to try that!
[/QUOT

Actually those are some irrigation hose spikes.

I had written a post about doing that on the portal in the storage area.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I haven’t noticed that, but don’t remember any time where one of us was in the trailer while the other was using hot water. We have spent very little time in the trailer except for sleeping or during inclement weather.

carbon60

Explorer
Nanc and I went out on a quick trip with some friends. We planned for four nights, but ended up coming back after only two. The temp hit the high 90's and our dog was really suffering.

I am now experiencing the rapid battery voltage drop issue mentioned by several of you earlier. Obviously the higher temps cause the Dometic 65 L frig to run much more frequently. We were camped in a heavily wooded area. I tried chasing the sun with my 180 watts solar panel. When any amount of light hit it, I saw some charging occuring. In direct sunlight it was hitting better than 13.4 volts. but the batteries just kept pumping out more amps than the panel could provide. I eventually had to start the car several times; this provided 13.8+ v, but again no improvement long term via the batteries. The trailer battery charge finally dropped so low that the Dometic shut down automatically. this was approximately 11.0 v. I let this happen just to see how low it would go.

So I will be reviewing everything written so far here concerning this issue. I'm not that up on charging so will have to figure out what to do. As an aside, my alternator is an aftermarket 270 amp unit. After a quick 40 minute drive back home the trailer batteries were up to 12.5 v. That seems to be their base level for car charging. I think that the problem lies in that they do no carry enough amps for even a two night camp in hot temps. I never had this issue when camping at lower daylight temps.

I’d be happy to work through this with you, Dale. Give me a call.

Your voltages don’t seem right, to me.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Ours does also. We checked the lines and one of our vents was unhooked. We just rebooked it back up. There is still some heat but I think that is the nature of the truma.
What vent? The heat comes through the vents the same as the cabin heater.
Seems like that should not happen.
Another thing I'll have to ask Mark about tomorrow.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I’d be happy to work through this with you, Dale. Give me a call.

Your voltages don’t seem right, to me.
I woke up this morning with my battery completely dead.
No clue why. I previously spent five days camping with no issues and the worst educational systems. I had to use my jump pack on the battery to trick the RedArc into working and then I hooked my truck up they ran it for two hours.

I hooked up my square hundred watt panel in left for the day and came back in the battery was almost completely charged.
in the meanwhile I stopped at NAPA and bought a way overpriced battery. Hopefully in the morning the battery will still be charged and I can return the Napa battery.
No clue why the battery ran dead we haven't done anything different than any other day.

This is a screenshot of the battery condition from the battery tracker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200803-175438.png
    Screenshot_20200803-175438.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 31

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I woke up this morning with my battery completely dead.
No clue why. I previously spent five days camping with no issues and the worst educational systems. I had to use my jump pack on the battery to trick the RedArc into working and then I hooked my truck up they ran it for two hours.

I hooked up my square hundred watt panel in left for the day and came back in the battery was almost completely charged.
in the meanwhile I stopped at NAPA and bought a way overpriced battery. Hopefully in the morning the battery will still be charged and I can return the Napa battery.
No clue why the battery ran dead we haven't done anything different than any other day.

This is a screenshot of the battery condition from the battery tracker.
Here is the battery at 21:14. Think the battery is toast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200803-211408.png
    Screenshot_20200803-211408.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 18

Daisy22

What vent? The heat comes through the vents the same as the cabin heater.
Seems like that should not happen.
Another thing I'll have to ask Mark about tomorrow.
Under the driver side bench, we had two lines running from the truma. One went to outside vent and the other went to the vent on that side for the cabin. My husband said the hose came off the vent to the outside. Not sure if at outside vent or by truma. He just reattached. Check all others and are fine. There is some residual heat still coming out but not much and that is why we figured it was something with truma. If you find out differently, let us know.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
What battery(ies) do you have? 12.58v is not very high…

A.
I have the battery that came with the trailer.
Now today we're driving for about 6 hours so the battery should have a big charge on it. But even though , the voltage shouldn't drop that much so quickly especially having 150 watts of solar on it

carbon60

Explorer
I have the battery that came with the trailer.
Now today we're driving for about 6 hours so the battery should have a big charge on it. But even though , the voltage shouldn't drop that much so quickly especially having 150 watts of solar on it

He has changed the battery type in various trailers, so that doesn't help.

Regarding driving to charge: without special modifications, you will not get much, if any, charge from driving. Trying to push the angry pixies down a nearly 40' circuit which is likely mostly 14 AWG wire, doesn't get you much. Whether the Redarc can make use of this, I haven't checked.

A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles