MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Here is a little better pic or two of the PETT stored and in place for nocturnal use.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
The Darche awning gives an incredible amount of shade and shelter. I haven't even tried to install the three sides for it yet, but will soon. The awning is really well made and I expect years of service from it. The storage bag is terrible! Too tight with a zipper I am constantly afraid of destroying when closing. If the bag were larger and storage of the awning easier my wife and I would have no problem utilizing the awning frequently. As is, I'm really hesitant to extract it except for extended stays in one location. That is too bad; a great product held back by a poor storage unit. I've contacted the dealer about this issue requesting a solution to this issue. No response yet......

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Just got back from the NWOR rally. We had so much fun I barely got any pics of the trailer or the event. The trailer worked out perfectly. Sleeping, cooking, washing, overall camping was a delight. Can't wait to get up to BCOR next weekend with wifey and family.

We caravaned over from Spokane with a group from the Overland Bound community in eastern WA and northern ID. I think every member of the group had a great time. After something like seven years of participating in NWOR I finally went on one of the planned road trips. Our was the easiest one of the many they schedule. In fact, there was nothing about the trip that would have precluded me from pulling the Beastie along for the ride. I road along with my daughter and her girlfriend who owns a neat 2014 Unlimited Wrangler. The view from the crest of ridge was fabulous. It was both the girls' first time at attempting both the ride and the obstacle course. The Women's groups that were present did a great job instilling confidence and building up their overlanding skills.

Every year there the weather is different. this year was cool and windy. By the time the nightly raffles were over I would rush back to the trailer, throw my dog Tucker in, start the propane furnace and thaw out. The final morning broke the mold with quiet and mostly sunny weather. After putting together one final meal the group split up and we headed our separate directions toward home. Ray and Marianne Hyland and Mario Donovan really do a great job, along with all their volunteers in putting these events on. Thank you one and all!

I was having so much fun I didn't take very many pictures. Here is one of our messy group campsite.

Last edited:

Louisd75

Adventurer
Just got back from the NWOR rally. We had so much fun I barely got any pics of the trailer or the event. The trailer worked out perfectly. Sleeping, cooking, washing, overall camping was a delight. Can't wait to get up to BCOR next weekend with wifey and family.

We caravaned over from Spokane with a group from the Overland Bound community in eastern WA and northern ID. I think every member of the group had a great time. After something like seven years of participating in NWOR I finally went on one of the planned road trips. Our was the easiest one of the many they schedule. In fact, there was nothing about the trip that would have precluded me from pulling the Beastie along for the ride. I road along with my daughter and her girlfriend who owns a neat 2014 Unlimited Wrangler. The view from the crest of ridge was fabulous. It was both the girls' first time at attempting both the ride and the obstacle course. The Women's groups that were present did a great job instilling confidence and building up their overlanding skills.

Every year there the weather is different. this year was cool and windy. By the time the nightly raffles were over I would rush back to the trailer, throw my dog Tucker in, start the propane furnace and thaw out. The final morning broke the mold with quiet and mostly sunny weather. After putting together one final meal the group split up and we headed our separate directions toward home. Ray and Marianne Hyland and Mario Donovan really do a great job, along with all their volunteers in putting these events on. Thank you one and all!

I was having so much fun I didn't take very many pictures. Here is one of our messy group campsite.

View attachment 523600View attachment 523600

NWOR has come a long way from the first one, and it looks like your camping setup has evolved significantly. IIRC, you were the lone motorcycle at NWOR #1. Trailer looks great!

keane

Observer
Great looking trailer. It is one that I definitely want to check it out at the BCOR. See you on the weekend.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Great looking trailer. It is one that I definitely want to check it out at the BCOR. See you on the weekend.
We’re not vendors at BCOR so look for us in the camping section. Two trailer
S and a yellow Redvertz tent. Happy to chat with you !

BTW, really miss that Capitan America BMW F650 GS. Like I say about all my bikes, I should have never sold it. :(

Last edited:

keane

Observer
We’re not vendors at BCOR so look for us in the camping section. Two trailer
S and a yellow Redvertz tent. Happy to chat with you !

BTW, really miss that Capitan America BMW F650 GS. Like I say about all my bikes, I should have never sold it. :(
Sounds good

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Just got back from a week long trip with the trailer. First, up to BCOR then a couple of nights in the east slope of the Cascades. Beastie worked perfectly. Only one issue; the dog hogged the two person sleeping bag every night.

I forgot two D-cell batteries so couldn't use the hot shower and sink water. But heated water on the stove when needed. BCOR was a bit damp but really fun. Getting six members of our family together is always a positive event. BTW, one of my Darche Eclipse 270 awning poles was damaged on delivery. I spoke with Jason, their stateside rep, and he delivered a new one FREE to me at the rally. Great service! The awning sides came in handily due to the wind and rain. I couldn't pull them all the way out prior to pinning them to the ground due to space restrains so they look a bit baggy in the picture. They actually pull out at an angle and give tremendous space under the awning. We six spent lots of time under there chatting, eating, and drying off. On Sunday morning, the sun came out and I was again pleasantly surprised at how quickly both awning and the sides dried out. Love it!

Camping on USFS lands on the way home gave us the chance to warm up and relax. Beastie was really in her element here. We spent six straight nights camping in her and were snug as a bug the entire time. No rain ingress, no buffeting by the winds, nada.

Next up looks like a trip over to Montana for fly fishing, then Gunnison, CO, in early August for RMOR. Woohoo!

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Here is a better pic to give some perspective to the size of the trailer versus my 5th gen 4Runner. I didn't get a chance to weight the trailer fully loaded with supplies, clothing, water, etc., but guess it is tipping 3,000+ lbs. loaded. Tows beautifully, potholed trails no issues whatsoever.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
The old fart in his natural element. Very manly indeed. Missing one glasses lens due to recent eye surgery. Brace on leg due to wearing the old body out. Probably will have that knee replaced soon. Indian Paintbrush is my favorite summertime flower. We were surrounded by them in this campsite. After our second night camping in this area the weather turned wet once more so we headed home.

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
BTW, this is the first setup that I've had a propane furnace as an integral unit. Wow, what a difference it has made on cold, rainy days and nights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles