MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

Vogold

Here’s a gear hook line that my wife put up for our first night. It gave us a place to hang jackets and stuff.

When we got home, she put some command hooks on the sides of the cabinets, things can hang there and be more out of the way.

We’ve also added a 1” latex topper to the bed, just to give a little softer feel. The bed in this trailer is leaps and bounds better than what came in our rtt’s.
Our clean waste potty does not fit real well inside, so it will stay in our shower stall. My wife found the Reliance Tri45 folding potty is small enough to work well in the trailer for nighttime usage.

We will be at this years NWOR, it would be great to meet up then. Until then, and after, let’s keep this thread active.

flipmachine

Adventurer
hey guys sorry been out of this for abit... as dale mentioned I got jammed up pretty hard and still not 100 percent.. as for the door locks really really wish they have door locks that fit something thicker then 1.5.... but there just isnt any.. if anyone can find one send me a link. I am searched hi and low.. if someone wanted a one piece door.. its doable cause technically all your trailer door openings are the same maybe a 1/16 difference here or there.. but they would be pretty close.. if thats something someone wanted shoot me a text and we can try and figure it out.., the hard part would be the jig saw part.. you have to cut a hole for the lock... the top door hinges would be all you need.... sorry if it doesnt make sense... but long answer short.. it can be done, if your some what good with a jig saw.

flipmachine

Adventurer
I actually dont have a trailer to show you what I am talking about but if vogold gets a chance to open up his trailer, could you take a pic of where the door latches into... that would clear it up... for me it takes about 1 hour to put a door on.. or if someone was going to expo west and wanted a one piece door we could do it then... wouldnt take me long.

Vogold

I actually dont have a trailer to show you what I am talking about but if vogold gets a chance to open up his trailer, could you take a pic of where the door latches into... that would clear it up... for me it takes about 1 hour to put a door on.. or if someone was going to expo west and wanted a one piece door we could do it then... wouldnt take me long.
Hope this pic helps.
-Ryan

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Mark,

Nanc would really like the one piece door. So if you can do that for us we'd really appreciate it!

Vogold,

We're thinking the same thing. I picked these up a couple of weeks ago. Will be mounting them in the same location you selected, the end of the cabinets. I actually purchased two packs of them, just in case.

3M Command metal hooks.jpg

flipmachine

Adventurer
I couldnt do it for free... its a pretty expensive door and then I have to rewrap it.. door material, would say about 150$ insulate it 50, then powdercoat another 150 and then rewrap... not sure what that would cost..and then 2 locks at 40 each... you can see how its not a cheap door. also you would need stronger shocks for the door, think they are 40 each.. I can do all the labor for free.

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I couldnt do it for free... its a pretty expensive door and then I have to rewrap it.. door material, would say about 150$ insulate it 50, then powdercoat another 150 and then rewrap... not sure what that would cost..and then 2 locks at 40 each... you can see how its not a cheap door. also you would need stronger shocks for the door, think they are 40 each.. I can do all the labor for free.

Nanc says "Do it!" and I said "yes, ma'am". She can get really mean. Then I have to lock her up. :eek:

The pic is actually from a colonial village replica we visited in up state Vermont a couple of years ago.

Nanc in jail VT 2018.jpeg

DrockinWV

It would be nice to see a video of a walk through on one of these trailers, just to see all the features, nooks and crannies , etc... Also, with one in action would be nice as well lol

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
You'll have to get that video from someone else. I'm not experienced in shooting video and getting it transferred up here. Wish I could, but too many other things on my plate at the moment to involve myself in another project.

Mark or any other owners, can you help him out?

Vogold

Here’s a video that Big Sky did. It’s a decent walk around, but does not she the storage under the benches or bed.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Is there room on the roof for a large solar panel or does the fan take up the roof space?

Any idea of the tongue weight?

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
On mine, the fan in just about in the center of the roof. If it were further to the front or rear one could probably install a panel. You need to ask Mark about that. I purchase a portable 180 w panel from him and use that as necessary.

Tongue weight is roughly 10% of trailer weight. I've never measured that either.

@WU7X I've been following this thread a lot lately. Originally looking at the Boreas (we rented one last fall and took it to moab). Neat trailer, but the wife pees in the middle of the night quite often, and now we are looking at the Mission. Question for you, how useable is the sink and stove? The boreas has the dometic set up as well and I found the stove took forever (i prefer a camp chef) and the sink was almost not useable (a bucket was easier). Also, any thought of installing rear support jacks?

-K2JDS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles