Mission Overland Approach

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I am really looking forward to getting the final specs and pricing on this new stand up overing from MO. From what i hear the pricing maybe fairly reasonable compared to the outrageous pricing that is going on by others. Anyone received any quotes and or final specs?

I'm interested too, but I'm not convinced the juice will be worth the squeeze. I enjoy the outdoor shower on the Summit and am fine with no indoor toilet (black water, maintenance headaches). For my family of 3, I'm not sure we get much more enjoyment from it, just extra weight and size. I'm curious what other goodies it may come with (systems monitoring, GPS, etc., like the Boreas EOS12)

I think Mark said they were aiming for 5000lb GVWR, but I haven't heard him quote prices.

Yes I saw that. Also cargo capacity of 3,500. So I guess thier sticking with 7,200 pound gwr. That's a lot of capacity and I can't imagine what you could load in this that would be more then 2,000 pounds. I guess the only down side is a stiff ride but maybe that is not a factor for Timbrens.

EPO

Yeah, kinda frustrating. The Approach continues to be advertised but no final spec, photos, etc. Called a dealer a few weeks ago, said he would check it out and get back with me but didn't even bother to return my call after speaking with him.

GAWR is 5200. Which seems like plenty, about 1500 lbs of cargo capacity. A little bummed about the price though, still just a huge sum of money to drop on a camp trailer

I received a message I believe from MO directly in Instagram that said 3,680 pounds and a cargo capacity of 3,500 pounds which makes the gwr of 7,180 pounds. I believe Timbren makes a 7,000 pound suspension and a 5,200 HD pound suspension. So did MO now tell you they are going with the 5,200 HD ? Clear as mud. This is getting so old.

EPO

Chasingopenspace-I've contacted MO repeatedly but not too many times to be annoying. Either silence or a promise not fulfilled.

Obsessed-a quagmire of mud, yes.

How can they be taking many preorders when the haven't provided the specs??? Maybe to those that it does't matter but it matters to many.

I'm not even sure I'm interested in MO but I am grown extremely tired and wary of companies, dealers and distributors not providing info, not answering emails and calls, lousy quality, ridiculous prices, etc. Boreas and Arkto are examples of how companies should operate.

ruadhrigh

I'm not even sure I'm interested in MO but I am grown extremely tired and wary of companies, dealers and distributors not providing info, not answering emails and calls, lousy quality, ridiculous prices, etc. Boreas and Arkto are examples of how companies should operate.

A couple weeks back we accidentally called Arkto, meant to call their delaer in CO.

Aaron (owner/founder?) called us back and then facetimed us to go through all of the G12 trailer with us, Showing us the new cabinets, and going between the new and old model showing us specific differences. Very impressed with the company. Wish there was some more real-world reviews/ write-ups on the trailers though.

I received a message I believe from MO directly in Instagram that said 3,680 pounds and a cargo capacity of 3,500 pounds which makes the gwr of 7,180 pounds. I believe Timbren makes a 7,000 pound suspension and a 5,200 HD pound suspension. So did MO now tell you they are going with the 5,200 HD ? Clear as mud. This is getting so old.

Their newest flyer puts GAWR at 5200 lbs so I assume they went with the HD. Makes more intuitive sense anyways, it’s not a toy hauler so can’t imagine what things you could squeeze into it that would weigh a total of 3500 lbs

EPO- agree it would be nice to see the full specs on this thing prior to committing. With published GAWR and a couple video walkthroughs of their prototype I imagine there’s enough info for some people to put down a deposit though.

Arkto not having an inside shower/bath is a dealbreaker for me (or rather, my wife). Love the Boreas build but I wish it had more windows and was about $10,000 less haha. It would be nice if they offered one without the garmin system and without the airbag suspension for less funds

Reactions: EPO

rehammer81

I was just look at what I could find of the Approach. It appears to be an interesting option depending on your desires. Personally, I prefer the Boreas EOS-12, despite the Garmin over complication. I prefer the independent air suspension capabilities and I prefer the way the wet bath is setup. Specifically, I like that the toilet is not integrated into the shower stall giving me the potential flexibility to replace with a composting toilet. I'm not sure on the standard power specs in the Approach but the Boreas is a top of the line spec with a healthy amount of Battleborn capacity and Victron components. The Approach also looks like it uses a Max Coupler hitch. Not my personal preference. The Approach has a lot more canvas in the pop-up too.

Boreas was very quick to respond to my questions.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

EPO

I am so impressed with Boreas' quality and communication. Top shelf. In this less that desirable camper world that I've expressed disappointment with a LOT of builders and dealers should use them as a model of excellence.

EOS is a bit too complicated for our needs (Garmin) but that's only a personal thing. And I cannot find a good storage solution since it's not garageable for me.

Last edited:

rehammer81

I hear you on the Garmin system. I would option that out if it was possible. For a trailer of that size and style I just don't see the usefulness or appeal other than being a fancy gadget.

Is the Approach garagable height? I didn't really look that closely at the height.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne