Mirror mounts for Isuzu NPR NPS?

javajoe79

Fabricator
My truck is a 1996 US market NPR. It has what appears to be sockets for mirror mounts at each front corner. They are capped off on top. I've never noticed another NPR that used them but they all seem to have them installed. I attached a pic of one removed from my cab. They normally have a rounded cap that covers the bushing looking thing. IMG_2116.jpg

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
In the Japanese market the mirrors are often mounted very differently to any other market.
They are often mounted on the front corners and poke out at 45 degrees to the front. To me it looks really weird, but the reality is that it would give you better vision from the mirrors and reduce blind spots.

isuzu-n-series-1_w600_fit.jpg

javajoe79

Fabricator
That’s what I was thinking they looked like. I like those. They stick out less too. I might have to find a source for a pair of those.

Daviticus

Euro market NPRs and NKRs (and the narrow-body ELF in Japan) had composite mirrors attached there. I’m missing a cap on my NPR, but I’m considering using those locations for light mounts and keeping the stock door mirrors.

Attachments

• 227D4D74-7DF7-467A-9E53-8CE8EF8BBFF4.jpeg
    227D4D74-7DF7-467A-9E53-8CE8EF8BBFF4.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 3

javajoe79

Fabricator
I considered fabricating a light bar to mount there too. Maybe a combination light mount and mirror mount. They’re very sturdy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior