Mircro SD card options/opinions

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
I've been on the lookout lately for a new Micro SD card for my Surface 2 tablet. The one I have right now has 128 GB memory, and while it works great with images and documents, its not so great for videos, so I'm hoping to track down a higher quality card. This one was a Christmas gift and I'll still use it as removable storage, but just doesn't seem to like videos. I have to copy and paste videos to it several times before they stay.

So here are my questions: 1. What do I look for in quality? 2. I see that they are ranked by class, but what do the rankings mean? 3. What brands tend to be better with video quality? 4. What other features should I be looking for?

I've realized I barely use the 128GB on the card I have, but I'm willing to go down to a 64GB card if the performance is increased and only us it for videos/movies.

PS. I know its not the tablet, since I can watch the same videos on a memory stick or external hard drive on my USB port with no issues.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Goto B&H photo, have a look at whats available. They have a new Lexar UHS-II card that looks promising. Also, Sandisk has a 200gb version coming out soon! Yeah. I think I may do like you. Get the 200gb for storing stuff, and for movies and vids, get the Lexar.

dragogt

Adventurer
I don't know about Lexar, but with the class 10 cards from sandisk the only time Ive ran into issues is when I start swapping card around from device to device; Beyond that No problems with playback on any file size video..

As soon as I can I will be adding the 128gb card to my collection, the 64's seem to run out too fast. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior