Mint built 1997 Toyota FZJ80 landcruiser - triple locked Collector edition in Desert Dune ( Houston)

Sadly or luckily I've got a rare chance on dream build...... I swore I'd never sell this 80, as it's the cleanest I've seen yet and has been lovingly built .... but...... fate tossed a new project on my radar.

Hoping that a mud /expo member will be interested - this is my 6th 80 build, along with a sc'ed 100, and long travel built 200...... all found great homes with mud folks - this one deserves the same.

I found this in Baton Rouge- a dealer had picked it up as it was a trade - owned by a Dentist wife and garaged it's whole life.... I paid decent money for it and started ordering parts...

my bodyshop redid the flares as they had minor parking scuff and re-placed the gimps to match. Short of that and a recent redo of the tailgate and upper door due to a dent it's never had any paintwork, or any major accident. The PO hit a sign and scuffed the front bumper, and I was hit lightly in the rear bumper this Feb - the hi-lift jack just touched the door. The hood has a STI scoop and Range Rover vents that were sized to allow a top mounted Mishimoto Intercooler, and the vents in concert with the scoop drop temps dramatically in the Texas summers - scanguage showed 12-20 degrees. Bodywork was done by Master Autobody in town - one of the best shops in Houston and the go-to for hard to match paints/ matte paint etc...

Duggy's Garage -our local go-to shop for all things Toyota has always done the service and install of parts - with a HG redo just completed in March this year at 214k - now has roughly 217k.... it was an all-in while you're in there approach.... anything needed, including the wiring harness was either upgraded or replaced with OEM or better - that was a 5 figure rebuild - details in the build list below.

I'd hoped to find a sc'er to finish the build - and add the LR larger main tank....

I do not need to sell her and have already pulled the trigger on the new project, but I know once I start that build she won't get the attention and love she deserves.... sadly, other then light fire roads in Big Bend last year she's never been wheeled - so the paint and underside are pristine...the paint was recently ceramic coated (April) and the 4x4 labs rear bumper was just re- powder-coated last month, and comes with a spare basket/ gas can rack to swap in/out.

Enhancements / Mods

Exterior / Suspension:
  • New 315/7-/17 Toyo RT’s on SCS lightweight (23lb) 5 spoke rims – plus full size spare
  • White Knuckle offroad slider with mild turn-up and filler plate
  • ARB front bumper and Smittlybilt Gen 3 12k winch w/ Synthetic line (new blue Amsteel 02/2021)
  • Trail Taylor Steering stab. And radiator guard
  • Slee AC evap skid plate
  • Slee rear locker guard
  • Trail Tailor Transfer skid plate
  • Old Man Emu med front / heavy rear 2 ½ “ lift w/ 10mm packers in the rear- OME shocks
  • Slee SS brake lines
  • ARB Alloy Alum full roof rack
  • ARB Alum case 2.5x2.5 M awning (used twice)
  • Trax sand boards & floatation plate for hi-lift jack on roof
  • Hood has professionally installed STI hood scoop and Range Rover side vents – designed for Intercooler(mishimoto) for pending turbo install – runs about 12-15 degree cooler then prior
  • Baja Design LP6’s on ARB –
  • Rigid driving lights custom installed into ARB
  • Massive Metalworks Hood brackets with Baja Design S2 Pro ditch light
  • 4x4 labs rear bumper – spare tire carrier and ladder, also comes with re-painted gas can / cooler basket
  • Baja design Squadron pro’s as back up lights
  • Hi-lift jack on swingout
  • All new door seals, window runs and slides – including rear hatch
  • Safari snorkel professionally installed
  • Fender flares repainted w/ new gimps
  • Depo blacked out head lights, depos clear side markers and LED tailights
  • Delta VS rear panhard bracket
  • LCP front swaybar disconnects
  • Shaky mirror fix
  • EBC slotted/ drilled rotors front and rear w/ Hawk pads
  • Old Man Emu Steering stabilizer
  • CLD button – 7 pin mod
  • Swaybar bushings
  • New windshield washer pump
  • New Windshield washer motor and blades all the way around
Mechanical / running gear:
  • Rebuilt front axle -seals, bearings and everything needed
  • Full fluid change 02/2021
  • All U-joints replaced 05/2021
  • Head gasket redone plus full new OEM wiring harness, hoses, belts and fluids
  • New Radiator
  • Tundra 150 amp Alt w/ photoman brackets
  • PHH and bypass of removed rear heater
  • New Denso starter
  • New fuel and water pumps/ thermos and filter
  • New dist seal and timing chain and guides/tensioner etc
  • New injectors / plugs/wires etc..
  • New brake booster ( oem) and cylinders
  • New power steering pump and all lines
  • Slee Dual batter tray- Dual AGM batteries w/ Blue Seas AGM and bussman circuit protection
  • New air intake tube – and MAF sensor
  • GM VC120 charcoal canister
  • Dual Hella Red horns
  • Burrito basket….and SS tongs……
  • Fan and new clutch hub
Interior:
  • New LCH front seat covers installed w/ new OEM seat bottom foam
  • Fatt matt and acoustic foam installed up to front seats and in all doors/ hatch
  • Carpet professionally cleaned while out – always covered w/ new Inno-hex mats
  • Kenwood 6.1” headunit w/ 5 channel anp under drivers seat and Infinity 6 ½ “ speaker in all doors – JL sub on LCP rear bracket, it sounds amazing !
  • 4x 4 labs rear drivers side basket - Rago offroad side window Molle panel and Delta brackets hold a shelf/ attic
  • Adventure Ready rear inner tailgate cover/ cutting board
  • S-Tech 6 light switch panel installed with Wits End ash tray mount
  • Wits End useless cubby hole mount w/ tilto-meter
  • Craft Customs redone steering wheel ( thicker then oem with extra high density foam)
  • Craft custom redone shifter knob and center console lid
  • Redline custom transfer case nob
  • 1500 Watt Inverter under passenger seat – Rear heater deleted
  • Rear 2nd row seats are out of the truck typically but in very good condition -recently treated with Leatherique and stored in climate controlled unit.
  • Led Dome lights
  • Lexus LS400 sunshades - wired for Radar Detector

More pics avail - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ho...0-ce-triple-locked-not-a-bit-of-rust.1252975/

Asking 42,500 - might be willing to deliver if a deal is formalized...... I love a good road trip..

Attachments

• IMG_20210719_155332232_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210719_155332232_HDR.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 1,031
  • IMG_20210719_155341950_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210719_155341950_HDR.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 1,086
  • IMG_20210719_155410916_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210719_155410916_HDR.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 1,057
  • IMG_20210719_155442725_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210719_155442725_HDR.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 934
The scoop and vents dropped oil temp by over 20 degrees on the scanguage....not for everyone I know but it was designed around a Sc'er or Turbo top mounted Intercooler thought....

A few pics folks asked for with the rear seats now in - I moved the carbiners to the back so they're usable with the other pair in the rear for fully securing stuff. I still need to clean up the leather from it sitting in climate colntrolled sotrage the past year or so...
IMG_20210726_123656641.jpg
IMG_20210726_123703639_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210726_123720316_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210726_123729506_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210726_123740131_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210726_123758299_HDR.jpg

Wakeup2river

The scoop and vents dropped oil temp by over 20 degrees on the scanguage....not for everyone I know but it was designed around a Sc'er or Turbo top mounted Intercooler thought....

Great looking rig. I found one way to keep the crusher cooled down is to not block the radiator.

Thanks - agreed on the blocking of the hood - the Lights and Guard are just ness. evils but I did upgrade the Radiator and did a blue fan clutch that also offset that and am careful on the fluids and thermo's... in TX ( like AZ ) we need all the heat relief we can get....

On our Merc we run E45 and a Snows kit to offset it but not an option Normally Aspirated...

Price drop to $ 40k - new project is in the works..... happy to discuss delivering it perhaps , around my work schedule - I'm in VA or Maine monthly...

it also has a new set of front/rear OEM Driveshafts inbound that will be put on to sort a light front vibration - old set will go with it for spares. Fresh fluid change on engine/ tranny and transfer last week and tire rotation.

PM me if you have questions - wish specific pictures etc

Erich

Thanks - it's getting a new Slee front DC driveshaft and new rear U-joints this week just to wrap up the full baseline...... let me know if anyone has any other questions. I'm likely going to continue the build until she sells and will adjsut price as I add the final few items ( Supercharger and Long range Tank, plus a few final cosmetics )

SixLug

Explorer
Hood scoop is from an early 2000s Subaru Impreza STi. If you don't like it, swap in a much less gawdy unit from a WRX and it won't look nearly as crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles