Minimount

traveltoad

Aaron S
I recently got a netbook, so off course I havebeen looking around on line for stuf. Last night I found this: Minimount. I know that it won't turn my netbook into a Toughbook... but it might help a bit? Has anyone tried one or heard if they are good or not?

Last edited:

RSB

Adventurer
raising this post from the dead... :rolleyes:

I love MINIMOUNT products! Here's my setup installed inside my Toyota Tacoma w/a Samsung NB30...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

very minimal interference w/the Magic Arm hitting the leg of a front passenger...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

the case I chose unfortunately didn't quite fit and so I asked the company what it would take to design a model specifically for the NB30. They said it would require several thousand dollars for research & development. :( Looking at the case carefully, however, together we identified a possible solution. MINIMOUNT offered to send me a new case modified to fit! I was very impressed. :cool:

ultimately, I couldn't use the top part of the case. However, additional modification w/a dremel allowed me to still use the bottom portion. I used the Manfrotto Magic Arm w/passenger seat rail mount to secure the case to the truck It's incredibly stable and has made-up for the computer not being officially 'ruggedized'.

dzzz

Looks very nice.
Looks like Ram parts except the case?

I like Ram, except for their laptop holders. So this looks really good to me.

dzzz

A lot of the connections are Ram mounts. Ram has hundreds of resellers. That's actually good, as it provides more choices in the system.
On the minimount sight he lists the ram pieces. His ram prices look pretty good too. He has some Manfrotto (camera) parts too in his systems.

RSB

Adventurer
my mistake, you're absolutely correct. I purchased everything direct from MINIMOUNT's website (www.netbookmounts.com), however, they do offer both RAM and Manfrotto mounting solutions. I purchased a MINIMOUNT case w/Manfrotto Magic Arm Vehicle Kit.

A lot of the connections are Ram mounts. Ram has hundreds of resellers. That's actually good, as it provides more choices in the system.
On the minimount sight he lists the ram pieces. His ram prices look pretty good too. He has some Manfrotto (camera) parts too in his systems.

RSB

Adventurer
well, the trip was postponed to later this month, however, I got an opportunity to test it out while playing near one of our local rivers a few weeks ago.

unfortunately, the mount didn't hold up as well as I though it would with the way I have it positioned. :rolleyes: If consideration for a passenger wasn't a factor, it could be adjusted in a much stronger position.

this wasn't acceptable for me, so I ordered a few more RAM parts to give it more support.

I had a bracket lying around and cut it to fit beneath the shifter. I secured it using an existing screw to give the parts something to anchor too:

web.jpg

here it is complete...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

the mount feels much stronger now and I managed to still keep it from interfering w/the leg of a front passenger. I'll post an update after the trip once I really get to see how it holds up. :sombrero:

Any word on how the mount holds up off-road?

:smiley_drive:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles