Mini Mag LED upgrade.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Walking through Wally world and came across the flash light area. Got looking to at the LED flash lights to see what they had. They had a bunch of LED Conversion bulb assemblies that caught my eye. The big Mag conversion was nearly $20 but the Mini Mag 3 LED conversion was under $5. So I picked one up to give it a try.

I must say I am quite impressed! The mini mag conversion doesn't let you focus like the stock bulb due to lack of room, the C and D conversions do. I really don't think I will miss it. The beam was piss poor on anything but the narrow beam. The LED however throws a longer wider more useful beam. It really was worth the price. The package claims 10 year life (stock is about 10 hour) and 4 times the battery life.

http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=28&product_id=110

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the helpful post. Saw those a while back and have been wondering. Guess it's time to go shopping again.

Dave

Explorer
That's pretty slick! I've always thought the MiniMag was a little lacking for anything other then within a couple feet. I'll have to give the LED conversion a shot.

LUISJG

Explorer
i gonna get one,,, I Love my stremlight mini scorpion,, but the bateries are expensive "lithiums"

Dave

Explorer
Picked one up for my mini-mag tonight at REI, money well spent IMO!

Thanks for the heads up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online