Mini Countryman

I’ve been wanting to build another soft roader that gets ok fuel economy after my Outback got totaled. Something about the Countryman really sticks out to me plus they can be had for on the cheap. I see a 2in lift kit and a skid plate are both readily available from F7. Does anyone here have a Countryman they use as a soft roader?

Before the naysayers comment, yes I know it is just for cruising maintained dirt roads, yes I know it doesn’t carry a lot of weight, yes I know it’s not a (insert Japanese brand here) and yes as both a Land Rover/Mini owner I understand reliability is not the best. It’s going to be a dressed up economy box.

Ke2427

I don't "have one" in this context....but as a Landrover / Mini owner as well I say do it.

Most overlanding could be done with 2 wheel driver and as we all know 37's etc are rarely needed. If it works for where your going then I think it would be awesome to see it parked next to a lifted 350 etc....and all simply enjoying the outdoors

Ke2427

And just because, here's a Mini with 3 fully grown lab bird dogs in the trunk.

Attachments

• 20230222_132035.jpg
    20230222_132035.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
I don't "have one" in this context....but as a Landrover / Mini owner as well I say do it.

Most overlanding could be done with 2 wheel driver and as we all know 37's etc are rarely needed. If it works for where your going then I think it would be awesome to see it parked next to a lifted 350 etc....and all simply enjoying the outdoors

You get it! I have a built up Rover L322 but it would nice to scoot up to the Smokies from Florida and not spend $1,000 plus on gas to ride on trials my stock outback handled fine. If it’s more than maintained dirt roads I’ll take the L322.

kthompson

Did a Winter Road Rally in VT in a JCW Countryman recently and have been dreaming about something similar. While I was the copilot/navigator - it handled like a dream at brisk speeds on snow covered forest roads. Currently have a truck built up, but it would be nice to have a smaller vehicle that is still somewhat capable. And well, they just look dang good with a 2" lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles