Military Acutemp fridge

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
So I’ve been trying to dig through my storage container and came across this big guy:

I hate to admit it but I’d pretty much forgotten it as life tends to distract us. having bought it off a fellow member here almost 10 years ago () and never using it, I’m curious if anyone else that bought these enjoys it or is still using one? Mine is literally brand new and once the cardboard box it was packed in gave up it has sat in my shipping container , quietly waiting for me to rediscover it. I pulled it out into the sun today just to take a peek. A lil dusty outside but still very much brand new inside.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Oops.... just realized this is in the for sale section. MODs!!!! Could you please move it to whatever is appropriate?? Sorry.

Jnich77

Director of Adventure Management Operations
We (the National Guard) use them to transport vaccines. They are abouy 10k if you buy them new.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Dreaming of Jupiter
by Ted Simon
From $16.71
Don't Go There. It's Not Safe. You'll Die.: And other mor...
by Jared McCaffree, Jessica Mans, Kobus Mans
From $19.99

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
We (the National Guard) use them to transport vaccines. They are abouy 10k if you buy them new.
They say an elephant is a mouse built to government specifications. That’s kinda how I see these fridges. Take the plasma racks out and it’s your run-of-the-mill fridge... with a hardigg wrapper.
I may pull the batteries out and take them to work to see if they will take a charge. As I’ve never used this thing, or even plugged it in, I doubt they have any juice in them. Fortunately I service multiple army reserve units equipment so putting them on a pulse charger and testing under load is pretty easy.
Have you guys ever had any issues with them? What temps do you keep blood at?

Verkstad

Raggarkung
Aside from they weigh a ton and only two temperature settings, those are great !
After 10 years, its batteries are no doubt duff. But they are easily available.
The one we played with, if none or bad batteries, it wont work on external DC, but works on AC.
To save weight and money and get it working on external DC, we replaced its 20 some pounds of original batteries with 12V 4Ah battery.

They say an elephant is a mouse built to government specifications. That’s kinda how I see these fridges. Take the plasma racks out and it’s your run-of-the-mill fridge... with a hardigg wrapper.
I may pull the batteries out and take them to work to see if they will take a charge. As I’ve never used this thing, or even plugged it in, I doubt they have any juice in them. Fortunately I service multiple army reserve units equipment so putting them on a pulse charger and testing under load is pretty easy.
Have you guys ever had any issues with them? What temps do you keep blood at?

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
I should probably open the owners manual (TM) and read up on it. I think there is even a CD in the packet. Maybe I’ll learn something.