Mighty Max 4WD on copart

ARDOR

It looks really clean... The 'SPX' was the top trim level if I'm not mistaken, the dual tach/speedo dash and center console are HIGHLY sought after. Cool colorway too, I don't think I've ever seen a Gen 2 MM/D50 with either that exterior or interior color.

Reactions: plh

spacecowboy7777

$850 was reasonable but not worth flying in and spending a weekend driving home for me.

I’m not surprised about the new $2000 minimum price with the current truck market. Wonder if anyone will bite

ARDOR

I think that $2k price represents the 'buy it now' option.

The ability to place a bid seems to still be available, though there does appear to be a hidden reserve threshold now, which I would guess is likely somewhere around that initial $850 mark.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 7.10.32 PM.png

That said, if you were in the market and not too far away, even at $2k + Copart fees, it's still not a bad buy.

The big risk is what the 'Primary Damage: MECHANICAL' designation actually entails... Could be something as simple as a faulty fuel pump or a fully blown up motor.

If you could acquire it, address any mechanical issues and catch up on deferred maintenance (fluids/tires/etc) for say $4k, you'd end up with a tidy pick up.

It'd also be a perfect candidate for a diesel swap...https://delicaforum.com/index.php?threads/official-hyundai-d4bf-engine-purchase-thread-december-2020.3038/

plh

Explorer
I think that $2k price represents the 'buy it now' option.

The ability to place a bid seems to still be available, though there does appear to be a hidden reserve threshold now, which I would guess is likely somewhere around that initial $850 mark.

View attachment 645589

That said, if you were in the market and not too far away, even at $2k + Copart fees, it's still not a bad buy.

The big risk is what the 'Primary Damage: MECHANICAL' designation actually entails... Could be something as simple as a faulty fuel pump or a fully blown up motor.

If you could acquire it, address any mechanical issues and catch up on deferred maintenance (fluids/tires/etc) for say $4k, you'd end up with a tidy pick up.

It'd also be a perfect candidate for a diesel swap...https://delicaforum.com/index.php?threads/official-hyundai-d4bf-engine-purchase-thread-december-2020.3038/

I gave a some thought and then dismissed it because of the "mechanical" notation and no further information, and no ability for me to inspect it. If you bought it to "own" is and drive the wheels off it for a few years, would not be bad to stick some $ into it. But if you were thinking about flipping it, maybe worth $2K +/- done. Unfortunately these don't command Toyota prices. IIRC RXINHED has a similar one but in great running condition for sale for around the $2K +/- price. It would be a good enough deal to someone local for $850 in my opinion.

About every option available is on that truck, including the Sport Tach, Buckets with Center Console, Premium Door and Cabin Cards, and the rarest of all...glove compartment lock. That's a good truck

Reactions: plh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles