Might Move on

jgallo1

Adventurer
I am considering selling my 2018 tacoma double cab long bed trd off-road. This is my 3rd Tacoma.
I built this one right away. It has OME-BP51, 33" cooper st maxx, SSO front bumper, Warn winch.
I might move to a Power Wagon.
Wondering if anyone has made this move? If I do sell, is anyone or have a friend who is interested?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I really like Tacomas but they aren't the right vehicle for a lot of people. PWs are sweet.

Yup! Head on over to the bigger, badder, more powerful, dark side mwa-ha-ha-ha.

PUeuszc.jpg

rNRAGJi.jpg

Re01SSc.jpg

qGPnsjd.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Just looks heavy to me ?

Before either truck adds aftermarket gear/accessories there's a 2300-2500lb difference, which is nothing to sneeze at. That said, the PW makes almost 150 more HP, 165 more torque, it can tow anywhere from 1.5-2x's as much, has full-size straight axles front and rear, comes on 33's and can fit up to 37's without a lift, has both front and rear electronic lockers, an electronic disconnecting front sway bar, a 12,000lb Warn winch, and carries 33% more fuel. This is all before you add a single aftermarket part to it. When compared to a TRD Pro it can be had for the same money new.

So yea, it weighs more, but as you can see, you get a lot more for your money and it would be nearly impossible to match those specs on a Tacoma let alone for even remotely close to the same amount of money. Beyond all of that, the biggest difference is the size and storage capabilities between the two. The Tacoma has a nearly unusable rear seat for anyone larger than 5'6" and a 1.5' shorter bed. Now don't get me wrong here, I love the Tacoma, I had a TRD OR for a while and it was a good truck, but these trucks just aren't comparable in any way. It boils down to whether or not the Tacoma works for you or not. If tight spaces and trails are key and you travel with only one other adult or small kids then the Tacoma is a very viable option.

tacollie

Glamper
Before either truck adds aftermarket gear/accessories there's a 2300-2500lb difference, which is nothing to sneeze at. That said, the PW makes almost 150 more HP, 165 more torque, it can tow anywhere from 1.5-2x's as much, has full-size straight axles front and rear, comes on 33's and can fit up to 37's without a lift, has both front and rear electronic lockers, an electronic disconnecting front sway bar, a 12,000lb Warn winch, and carries 33% more fuel. This is all before you add a single aftermarket part to it. When compared to a TRD Pro it can be had for the same money new.

So yea, it weighs more, but as you can see, you get a lot more for your money and it would be nearly impossible to match those specs on a Tacoma let alone for even remotely close to the same amount of money. Beyond all of that, the biggest difference is the size and storage capabilities between the two. The Tacoma has a nearly unusable rear seat for anyone larger than 5'6" and a 1.5' shorter bed. Now don't get me wrong here, I love the Tacoma, I had a TRD OR for a while and it was a good truck, but these trucks just aren't comparable in any way. It boils down to whether or not the Tacoma works for you or not. If tight spaces and trails are key and you travel with only one other adult or small kids then the Tacoma is a very viable option.
Exactly. That's why I say I like Tacomas but they aren't right for everyone. I am not concerned with the back seats. We don't have kids and our dog is only 60lbs. I also have no desire to go bigger than 33s. I pull a small trailer once a year. A 6.4L would be cool!

Trikebubble

Adventurer
You know what they say, "once you go full size........". I went from a kitted out Xterra to my Tundra and FWC setup. As much as I loved the mid-size Xterra (and it had pretty decent power to be honest), after a year of owning the Tundra I can't see I'd ever go back to anything less. The compromises we've made in a larger physical size, and possibly not being able to get down a few of those very tight trails is way offset by the bonus of having endless power on tap whenever you ask for it, far more interior room to stretch out in, and the ability and capability to haul more stuff around without worrying about robbing what power a V6 has.
Whatever full size truck floats your boat, I say go for it.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
this is why i have multiple vehicles lol

06 jetta TDI (daily for my 100 mile commute)
91 4Runner (forests and back roads)
06 Mega cab (Cummins for towing)
85/87 4Runner (toy that i dont have to worry if i dent it)
72 K5 (cause its a 72 K5, what more is there to say)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior