Midland MXT275 display question

dstock

Explorer
Here's a weird one. I have a brand new MXT275 and have noticed that when the display backlight is on, if you hold the mic dead on facing you, the display goes away. If you tilt it slightly away from you it comes back. No backlight, it's very clear. Is this normal?

This is best illustrated with pics-

Backlight off-Mic facing dead-on:
i-GWsLGhG-L.jpg

Backlight on- facing dead-on
i-tXPhpxz-L.jpg

Backlight on - tilting slightly away:
i-TbLnvrH-L.jpg

Thanks for the sanity check!

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Could it be a daylight vs nighttime thing? Ill go check mine and report back.

I love my MXT275

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Just checked mine- I do not have this issue. However, if I move my mic to the left or right the backlight disappears and I believe its just from the light hitting it at a different angle.

Also, FWIW, my backlight is blue, not green, so that might be a reason too? Not sure if you can even change the backlight color.

dstock

Explorer
Just checked mine- I do not have this issue. However, if I move my mic to the left or right the backlight disappears and I believe its just from the light hitting it at a different angle.

Also, FWIW, my backlight is blue, not green, so that might be a reason too? Not sure if you can even change the backlight color.

Thanks for input!

I can change the colors, but the behavior is the same no matter what color I choose. I love my MXT115 and I'm digging the rest of the MXT275 so far. I will hit up customer support as suggested and report back.

MidlandUSA

Supporting Sponsor
Hello, this is normal for all LCD screens. Contrast changes based on lighting and angles. When the screen tilts, the angle of the lighting changes, and the contrast will change.

The MXT275 is set up to viewed from a “6 o’clock” angle, so you will get the best contrast when the screen is parallel to ground and you’re looking down at it.

If you have any additional questions please contact customersupport@midlandradio.com. Thank you!

dstock

Explorer
Hello, this is normal for all LCD screens. Contrast changes based on lighting and angles. When the screen tilts, the angle of the lighting changes, and the contrast will change.

The MXT275 is set up to viewed from a “6 o’clock” angle, so you will get the best contrast when the screen is parallel to ground and you’re looking down at it.

If you have any additional questions please contact customersupport@midlandradio.com. Thank you!

Thanks for the sanity check!

Just an FYI, I tried to email the above customer support email address and it bounced twice yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior