Midland 75-822 issue

AaronK

Explorer
I have a Midland 75-822 CB in my rig and recently every time I power it off, it changes to channel 6 next time I power it back on. It's annoying because I always have to change it back to whatever channel the group is using. Anyone else experienced this? I'm sure I've inadvertently changed some setting but I don't know how .

Thoughts? ?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

DaveNay

Adventurer
I have no specific knowledge of that radio, but typically, memory is retained when powered off by either a dedicated wire that stays hot in the key-off position, or an internal power source such as a watch battery or super capacitor. If you installed it yourself, you would know if there is a dedicated wire. Depending on the age of the unit (or just a flawed unit), the internal backup power could be bad.

Hope this gives some clues.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
That is basically a hand-held radio, so there isnt a dedicated wire. Guessing the battery is dead, or wiring to the battery is bad.

AaronK

Explorer
It's plugged into the 12v on my Tundra which goes completely off when the key is off. Good call on the internal battery, I hadn't thought of that. I think I'll take it apart and see what I can see.

DaveNay

Adventurer
It's plugged into the 12v on my Tundra which goes completely off when the key is off. Good call on the internal battery, I hadn't thought of that. I think I'll take it apart and see what I can see.

If it is handheld, I am assuming it has a battery compartment. A bunch of AA alkalines? Ni-Cad, etc. If you do not have those installed (or they are dead), then that is probably why it loses memory. Quite often those are used as the power source for retaining memory when "off."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier