Mid Atlantic Rally ( MAR) - Who's going ?

CLynn85

Explorer
Looks like ya'll had a great time. Wish I could have made it out but due to other reasons it was a no-go. We did manage to get out to GWNF on Saturday to wander some so the weekend wasn't a total loss. My Rover is also now up for sale in the classifieds so it looks like I may have missed my one shot at going to MAR :(

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Some pretty good pics.

So, what's the story with the silver D2 that looks like it was rolling around in the mud, and the mud-soaked air filter? Looks like somebody got lucky to not hydrolock the engine?

Word travels fast. Where did you hear that?

One was a relatively stock 03/04 D2 and the other was an earlier D2, both had mudclogged air filters, both needed new MAFs. Other than those two and my busted diff, no other major casualties.

There was an LR3 missing lots of trim, but i think he started that way.

-Sam

Maryland 110

Adventurer

One was a relatively stock 03/04 D2 and the other was an earlier D2, both had mudclogged air filters, both needed new MAFs. Other than those two and my busted diff, no other major casualties.

-Sam

Sam you should have looked me up, you could have ridden with me in the school bus. I was doing the trails with one snapped axle and no diff lock but still managed. With the detroit in the rear I had three wheel drive @ times. Pin in the difflock linkage went mia. There was one LR3 with both passenger side doors caved in and all the plastic from bumper to bumper on that side raked off to include the mirror. The fellow with the dark green Td5 110 double cab got off the line on the river crossing Thursday evening and hit a submerged stump-bent his bumper back and put a kink in his wing/fender
. I did some late night/early morning trials with him Thursday after the rain stopped- he didn't seem upset about it. Since Jacks photo's clearly show it, I wasted my left front fender Wednesday night in my frigging 2nd home driveway-hit the Boston Whaler Montauk on a trailer. All weekend people were asking me about my trail damage..... it was really driveway brain fade.

Last edited:

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader

-Sam

I didn't hear anything. Just saw those pics. Covered in mud up to the roof, and a mud soaked filter. 2+2 together...

So what happened there? Sounds like they got lucky. (But snorkels are just for looks right?) ;)

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Sam you should have looked me up, you could have ridden with me in the school bus. I was doing the trails with one snapped axle and no diff lock but still managed. With the detroit in the rear I had three wheel drive @ times. Pin in the difflock linkage went mia. There was one LR3 with both passenger side doors caved in and all the plastic from bumper to bumper on that side raked off to include the mirror. The fellow with the dark green Td5 110 double cab got off the line on the river crossing Thursday evening and hit a submerged stump-bent his bumper back and put a kink in his wing/fender
. I did some late night/early morning trials with him Thursday after the rain stopped- he didn't seem upset about it. Since Jacks photo's clearly show it, I wasted my left front fender Wednesday night in my frigging 2nd home driveway-hit the Boston Whaler Montauk on a trailer. All weekend people were asking me about my trail damage..... it was really driveway brain fade.

You promised me a ride in the 130 as well! Did you see the hot blonde with the skin tight jeans? Ya... I had to keep her interested as well, if I left her alone too long I may not have convinced her to keep coming back. We will be at the cove event of the month. I will definitely cash in my ride in the 130

On a side not she asked me what I would rather have for xmas, roof rack or an RTT. She might be a keeper...

-Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles