Microsoft Streets and Trips replacement for on road navigation

screwball48

Explorer
My team is currently still using Streets and Trips for navigation to various locations. We are looking for replacements that can be loaded onto a laptop and used offline. Our navigation is 100% roadway based. Currently we can load an excel sheet with name, latitude, and longitude and have grown accustomed to this. Mobile applications are currently off the table due to members with varying ages of mobile devices. The current replacements I am seeing are for salesmen that visit multiple stops per day and require an online connection. Although not in sales this is similarly suited to our needs. Often we are plotting several hundred locations across the country which are then divided amongst our team. Many days we are visiting 15-20 locations within a single day. Free is always nice but our needs are commercial so we expect software and licencing fees. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Didn't streets and trips kinda evolve into the default Maps app in Windows 10? I know my laptop had it and you can download individual states offline.

You did upgrade past XP, didn't you.....

screwball48

Explorer
Didn't streets and trips kinda evolve into the default Maps app in Windows 10? I know my laptop had it and you can download individual states offline.

You did upgrade past XP, didn't you.....
That is the problem. We have upgraded to windows 10 on several units. Once specific parts on Windows 10 have been loaded it kills off Streets and Trips. as a work around we have been using a desktop emulator to power the Streets and Trips. It is just an old program with zero support and it is past time to move on to something more current.

Airmapper

Inactive Member
That is the problem. We have upgraded to windows 10 on several units. Once specific parts on Windows 10 have been loaded it kills off Streets and Trips. as a work around we have been using a desktop emulator to power the Streets and Trips. It is just an old program with zero support and it is past time to move on to something more current.

Have you tried Maps and found it lacking or is it not installed on the Win 10 machines?

If it's not part of the default apps, you can possibly download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-maps/9wzdncrdtbvb?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Maps is online use only from what I can see.

Did you actually try it, or more direct, did you read past the first blurb on that page? It has language all over that page specifying "download for use offline"....

You aren't going to know crap about if it will work for you or not until you actually try it with an example of your intended use. Given it's FREE I'd be all over that one first....

screwball48

Explorer
Did you actually try it, or more direct, did you read past the first blurb on that page? It has language all over that page specifying "download for use offline"....

You aren't going to know crap about if it will work for you or not until you actually try it with an example of your intended use. Given it's FREE I'd be all over that one first....
I am in the program now and exploring its potential based on your recommendations. The current limitations I am seeing is the missing ability to easily upload a list of locations from a file. I have found an extension called API that will allow this but it is limited to a maximum of 25 locations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier