Mickey Thompson Baja STZ for an LR3

Eniam17

Adventurer
I'm glad you posted this because I didn't realize the AT2 or the Disc. 3 were available in 265/65/18. Now I have more to choose from as well. Look forward to peoples thoughts

jerdog53

Explorer
From what I can gather they all are 2 ply side walls

Sending elections from my electron sending device....

Eniam17

Adventurer
Any update on this? I am trying to decide between Toyo ATII and Dynapro ATM RF10 in the next few days. Kind of a toss up at this point.

sunrisehiker

Adventurer
Mickey Thompson Baja STZ are basically the same tire as Cooper ZEON LTZ. Mickey T.is owned by Cooper , hence similarities .They look the same , probably perform the same .There where a lot of reports with Cooper owners about cracking sidewalls on LTZs, so do your research before buying.

JackW

Explorer
I just installed some 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon tires yesterday - they look pretty good on the truck and are very quiet (new - we'll see how they do after a few miles)

JackW

Explorer
No lift and no obvious rubbing so far (street driving) - they even clear in access mode - I've read that there may be one spot in the LF? wheel well where the plastic inner liner may rub at full lock but I haven't seen any yet.

Eniam17

Adventurer
I got the Open Country AT2's on my 08 LR3 today. I have not offroaded with them or done anything other than around town/highway with some puddles and slush mixed in. All I can say so far is that they are quieter on the highway than the original Toyo AT's which I had on a Jeep a few years ago, and they are much quieter and have a better ride than the General Grabber AT2's I just got rid of. Not only are they the quietest AT tries I've ever had ( out of Toyo open country AT, General Grabber AT2's, Pro Comp AT's, BFG AT's, and bridgestone Dueller's,) they are probably quieter than ANY tire I've had on a truck or SUV. Quieter than the Conti. all seasons on my wifes sport. I'm absolutely amazed at how there is almost no hum at all on the highway, all i hear is wind noise; nothing from tires. Very impressed with that. But, we will see how they are off road and in the snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz