Michigan LP Color tour

docster

Putting together a connection of routs in Northern Lower Michigan.

Did a trial run on the first yesterday. Starting with Tin Cup Springs. 18 mile loop.

It was gorgeous, but cloudy and sprinkled a few times. Overall love the Bilsteins on the truck. The trail was good. Mix of hardpack, sand and some mud.

e43cf70820f49af4f44b6969fa0c8767.jpg

acefdbd80bfe08220b951d1adc7898c3.jpg

981cf56b27fd449480a3c2cf9703c028.jpg

4711b1a5d81365b226a978cbd6669e8c.png

The rest of the full route will include
Little Manistee Route - 43 miles
Lincoln Hills Route - 22 miles
North Missaukee Route - 55 Miles

Then option to Kalkaska Route headed north - 72 miles
Followed by Fredric Route - 21 Miles

Or west Higgins Route - 34 miles
Followed by Roscommon - 9 miles
To St Helen Route - 42 miles
To Denton Creek - 40 miles

Planning to run each section on its own before starting out and spending a week doing the full trip! I will create a full Route with connectors, staying dirt as much as possible. Should be a good one for next fall week long color tour.

Hoosier 45

Adventurer
I am heading to Michigan from Indiana, will be coming up Thursday the 8th. Not sure where we are going yet, we will be Van/moto camping with dual sports. Are these routes good for moto travel?

docster

I am heading to Michigan from Indiana, will be coming up Thursday the 8th. Not sure where we are going yet, we will be Van/moto camping with dual sports. Are these routes good for moto travel?

Sure are. I would look at the full MCCCT. You can find it here with maps. Great rides. I have done the MCCCT before in full. Took a few days and was well worth it.

Last edited:

GrundleJuice

Thanks for posting this up @docster . Have you had a chance to ride any more of these routes? If so, any info to share that may be useful? The Mrs and I plan to be up near Petosky and Kalkaska quite a bit this summer/fall and I would love to go see what I can on these routes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles