MG Metalworks Van Build

turbodiesel

Anyone have detailed pictures of the front-end completed (or a thread w/ front end pictures)? Getting organized and trying to lay it together to check my part list. It seems like I might have missed a part or two.

Kendel

Being CNG powered, my 2011 E-250 never had a gasoline tank. Well, it's going to get one soon, as part of the MG 4WD build, because "you can't get there from here" is a way too common occurrence due to limited number of CNG stations. Off-roading and hitting the backwoods is impossible, until I get it converted. All the wiring for the fuel tank is still there, tucked up out of the way. So, conversion should consist of swapping out fuel injectors, bolting in and plumbing the tank, and reflashing the computer.

However, I also wanted to convert to a steel fuel tank, so that I can modify it when it's time to put in the transfer case (intend to run around as a lifted 2WD with the F-250 front axle for a while). I'm finding the 2011 single line (no return) fuel pump does not fit a 2002 metal tank; the new pump using a lock ring retainer and the old tank having a bolt in opening.

Is there a different metal tank I should have gotten? Or can I somehow use the older style fuel pump and leave the return line disconnected? Or what do I do here?

Anyone put a metal tank in a 2011+ Econoline and can give me some guidance?

Thanks

Raul

Adventurer
I'm finding the 2011 single line (no return) fuel pump does not fit a 2002 metal tank; the new pump using a lock ring retainer and the old tank having a bolt in opening.

Is there a different metal tank I should have gotten? Or can I somehow use the older style fuel pump and leave the return line disconnected? Or what do I do here?

Anyone put a metal tank in a 2011+ Econoline and can give me some guidance?

Thanks

My 2010 E350 came with metal tank. You may wnat to try that year. I do not think they changed much between 2010 and 11

mgmetalworks

Explorer
2009 (and early 2010) midship tanks are steel and have the lock ring style fuel pump. Rockauto.com is a good source to find them.

David Chambers

Good afternoon MG, I have a Transit ordered and am planning on installing 2/4 Sienna seats w/ footrests in the back. Could you please tell me how much your seat brackets are and if there is a wait for purchase. Thank you, David Chambers

David Chambers

^^^ I'm no longer making seat brackets....

Thank you for your reply MG, would you consider selling me the dimensions or cad-cam plans so I can have some made for my van?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke