MG Metalworks Van Build

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Those will look great in the reassembeled dash. Nothing wrong with KISS

I'd like to say I've not seen the inside of the dash... but that ship sailed years back.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
I will be second in line.

For you and others interested in the AMP step mounts, what vans do y'all have? (5.4L, 6.0L, 6.8L, 7.3L???) The front mount I have now works with my 4x4 conversion but I'll have to make at least two other variations depending on which engine/trans is in the van and where the mount fits on the frame. Not a big deal...I just want to know how many of each to make.

Email me through the expovans.com website with your details and I'll get you on the list.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
More pics of those gauges please!! :)
Do I see a Cummins and ExpoVans logos?
Water temp, volts, oil pressure, fuel level. What other vitals will you monitor?--and via a ScanGaugeII?
And the speedo has an odometer I assume? Trip meter?

Rock on.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
More pics of those gauges please!! :)
Do I see a Cummins and ExpoVans logos?
Water temp, volts, oil pressure, fuel level. What other vitals will you monitor?--and via a ScanGaugeII?
And the speedo has an odometer I assume? Trip meter?

Rock on.

Yep, added custom logos on the gauge faces. The gauges in the cluster are Speedo, tach, fuel, water temp, oil pressure, volts. Speedo has odometer, trip, programmable maintenance reminders and can be set up to any speed sensor pulse output (I'm using the Allison's output) I'll get EGT, trans temp and boost gauges (in the pillar pod) to match soon.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Yep, added custom logos on the gauge faces. The gauges in the cluster are Speedo, tach, fuel, water temp, oil pressure, volts. Speedo has odometer, trip, programmable maintenance reminders and can be set up to any speed sensor pulse output (I'm using the Allison's output) I'll get EGT, trans temp and boost gauges (in the pillar pod) to match soon.

Programmable maintenance reminders???? AutoMeter gauges got nothing on yours! :victory:
I look forward to what you come up with as a pod for the other 3 gauges.

Jasper Jones

Observer

Also very interested in a pillar pod solution.

gh0ztkid21

Observer
For you and others interested in the AMP step mounts, what vans do y'all have? (5.4L, 6.0L, 6.8L, 7.3L???) The front mount I have now works with my 4x4 conversion but I'll have to make at least two other variations depending on which engine/trans is in the van and where the mount fits on the frame. Not a big deal...I just want to know how many of each to make.

Email me through the expovans.com website with your details and I'll get you on the list.

I have a 2014 e350 eb 5.4l v8 with quigley 4x4

sakurama

Adventurer
I was in a wiring mood after Gregor's van and spent the weekend making a mess of the dash then getting it all back together with some functional gauges.

And you thought my van was only good for getting dirty! Ha! And the A-pillar was a good warm up as well. See, the Cummins will make a great sidebar to the 7.3 feature... wink, wink. :clapping:

Gregor

mgmetalworks

Explorer
I've had a lot of good seat time lately (at my CAD station) which means I get to churn out some designs finally. Here we have some adapter brackets to put Scheel-Mann seats in an E-series. Works with either the factory stationary (manual slide) base or the commonly available swivel bases. I will also have an adapter for the power base but haven't had enough time with one here to get the design finished.

20170809_113748.jpg

The seat belt pre-tensioner is super ugly by itself so I made a simple cover for it. When it is powder coated, it will blend in well with my black seats (the grey demo seats just went in my wife's rig).

20170819_124544.jpg

I am still waiting on the laser/forming for the seat belt mount in this pic but soon enough I'll be driving in total comfort...

20170825_174356.jpg

Jasper Jones

Observer
Perfect timing! My driver side seat just broke on our Eclipse road trip, so I am definitely interested in adapting a Scheel-Mann seat to a 2011 power seat base. Or converting to a manual base, if I have to. Awesome work as always!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Perfect timing! My driver side seat just broke on our Eclipse road trip, so I am definitely interested in adapting a Scheel-Mann seat to a 2011 power seat base. Or converting to a manual base, if I have to. Awesome work as always!

Haha, the universe is telling you something. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles