MG Metalworks Van Build

Most would say 10 pounds of taters stuffed in a 5 pound sack, but I think you stuffed 30 pounds in a 5 pound sack. Looks great and it does look oem.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Most would say 10 pounds of taters stuffed in a 5 pound sack, but I think you stuffed 30 pounds in a 5 pound sack. Looks great and it does look oem.

It looks far better in there than any OEM Ford diesel... I can only wish I had 1/4 of the space to work in the engine bay. It looks like he could fit 2 or 3 engines in there.

Betarocker

Adventurer
The V8 PSD fills the bay considerably more to the sides. The I6's disadvantage is it is longer by 50% than the intended engine. Would love to have something like MG is building.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Getting too close to road-worthiness to play around with practice panels.... Today was the real deal.

Point of no return...

Oh bummer... the paint lifted. Oh well, I have new doors to paint too so it will get touched up soon.

Fits like a glove, minimal distortion of the panel (even on a black van, it doesn't look like the dies jacked up anything)

The inner sheetmetal needs a little trimming then I'll bond it in place. I'll be able to put fuel in the van now, woo hoo!

mgmetalworks

Explorer
And so it begins... The Transit has landed. I'll start its own build thread shortly.

The deets:
-2017 Transit XL Medium Roof Passenger van
-3.5L Ecoboost V6
-3.31:1 non-limited slip rear (soon to be upgraded to something more awesome with an ARB locker or Truetrac and 3.73s or 4.10s...)
-Electronic gadgets all over the place. Loaded with almost every option.

Not even a day old and already being put to use chasing parts...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles