MG Metalworks Van Build

mgmetalworks

Explorer
MG, are you making brackets for the Scheel seats available?

Yes, I have the adapter bracket designed to work with the factory (manual slide) base or the commonly available swivel bases. I still need to make a bracket for the seat belt latch and a cover to make it look nice. I'll have those really soon since I need seat belts to drive the van.

I don't have an electric slide seat base but I've looked at one and it is adaptable. I'll have an adapter bracket for those too once I get a chance to have one for a bit.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
The Allison trans is back in, no codes, shifts through the gears now. A little engine and trans tuning aside, this is gonna be really fun to drive! I can already tell that the Cummins has more torque than I could ever need and the Allison is nicely matched to it. :coffeedrink:

njtacoma

Explorer
The Allison trans is back in, no codes, shifts through the gears now. A little engine and trans tuning aside, this is gonna be really fun to drive! I can already tell that the Cummins has more torque than I could ever need and the Allison is nicely matched to it. :coffeedrink:

That is really cool!
Not sure about this "more torque than I could ever need" bit :)

Glad I was lucky enough to roll up right in time to sit shotgun for the big moment! That van is going to be stupid fast.

Great to meet you guys over there and see the local vans. I made it back to Boise safe and sound. The more miles I put on the conversion, the more I like driving it. Thanks for everything.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Glad I was lucky enough to roll up right in time to sit shotgun for the big moment! That van is going to be stupid fast.

Great to meet you guys over there and see the local vans. I made it back to Boise safe and sound. The more miles I put on the conversion, the more I like driving it. Thanks for everything.

Nice to meet you!

Thanks to MG for the dinner as well. Can't wait to ride in that cummins/Allison/ford when everything is together!

mgmetalworks

Explorer
The US Scheel-Mann distributor is in Germany at the factory and sent me a teaser shot of the new seats for the Cummins van. So excited to get these seats and the matching rears with integrated belts.

I also changed out the front belts to fit the new color scheme of the van.

There's a lot going on around here this summer. TONS of design work to do and vans stacking up in the driveway. This is way more fun than working in a cubicle though! I don't miss the corporate engineering gig one bit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles