Messing around in New Mexico on the tarmac via the Triumph.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
So, I'm trying to make the most of my time in New Mexico. I'll be here for a few more months, but since I only have a Triumph Bonneville with me I'm trying to hit up all the tarmac rides I can! So fair warning. Not a dirt adventure this time.

Oh yah, I tend to get a little lazy and put more pics up on my blog than I do on the forums. www.soaztim.com

Heard about this meetup on Sundays from another rider while up in Angel Fire, NM doing some exploring/camping. Basically, it's a Sunday morning excuse to go ride, shoot the ****, drink too much coffee and stare at bikes. Here: https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF...44&ei=useRUPjdBcX9iwKYmoGQAQ&ved=0CJUBEPwSMAA
Given the population of little Albuquerque I'm pretty surprised by the rare bikes I've seen there in the mornings. I'm not surprised, given my experience in this state so far, that everyone there are good people.

So enough talk. Here is a video of cruising up the Sandia Crest near the coffee shop. Up to almost 11,000 feet. Saw deer, turkey and a skunk. They must be freezing their asses off up there because I know I was! :eek1
http://youtu.be/q0hQhFdp3vY

Great looking CB750!
IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

A good looking Trident. He puts some miles on this one. Two-up even.
IMG_0716.jpg

Gorgeous Norton. Built by a company out of Colorado. It. Was. Just. So. Damn. Clean! Whomever restored it just does amazing work!
IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

Even the odd car is allowed here or there!
IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

More cafe love.
IMG_0720.jpg

This fella road along with his dog. Best passenger ever. No complaining! I think it was a 51 Panhead with a 48 Side car. All rebuilt, by him. I really respect something about folks who do the work themselves, but even more so it tells me about the type of folks that live in this area.

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

May we all be well into our 70's and riding insanely fast motorcycles...
IMG_0754.jpg

This old Honda just reminds me of a time when dirt bikes where about putting along and seeing the sites. Not that I don't love my KTM.
IMG_0755.jpg

A Vincent White Lightning. Prettier than a black shadow? I think it might be.
Either way, sex on wheels.
IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

Can't get enough of the Vincent.
IMG_0732.jpg

Parilla race bikes. Wow. I still don't hear quite like I should after hearing these start up.
IMG_0744.jpg

Here is a video of one of them starting.

http://youtu.be/ki05g-1OYv8

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

Last edited:

SOAZ

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

A nice rebuilt Indian Scout.
A little modern and a little old. Maybe a good daily rider?!
IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

Nice bumble bee GS.
IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

This nice bolt on hardtail Triumph bobber was also built locally. Nice guy and a great looking bike. Oil tank was an expansion chamber off of I can't remember what. Gold leaf paint was real. Nice bike!
IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

There was even a CBX there. Pretty cool! I really dig this bike! All 6 cylinders of awesome.
IMG_0769.jpg

Well, being in New Mexico, it's time for the obligatory shots of the Balloon Fiesta which happened a couple weeks ago.
Here we go...
Far away.
IMG_0680.jpg

Getting closer.
IMG_0684.jpg

Close.
IMG_0688.jpg

Elvis and Lion are buddies.
IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

Wheel chair moto.
IMG_0693.jpg

Okay, This is the last one.
IMG_0696.jpg

Until next time.
IMG_0741.jpg

upndown

Adventurer
Hey SOAZ, Now that my keyboard is dry..:drool:Great photos and video..I have a customer that collects and rebuilds Vincents..Beautiful machines. Thanks for sharing!

njtacoma

Explorer
wow beautiful bikes, and some fun balloons.

I always enjoy your trip reports, be they dirt or tarmac.

Last edited:

SOAZ

Hey SOAZ, Now that my keyboard is dry..:drool:Great photos and video..I have a customer that collects and rebuilds Vincents..Beautiful machines. Thanks for sharing!
I know what you mean! Pretty nice bikes for such a small town! One of the guys has a bonneville salt flat record holder bike as of this summer. He took 2 Indian Scout motors, wedged them into a stretched frame and beat the old vintage record by almost 25MPH. Wow. Not bad for a home builder. Glad you liked the shots.

NICE POST!!!!
Thanks TreeTop

wow beautiful bikes, and some fun balloons.

I always enjoy your trip reports, be they dirt or tarmac.

Thanks njtacoma! It's been a good time exploring some brand new terrain and meeting new people.

SOAZ

Great Pict's Tim! Who says you need dirt to have an adventure! haha :ylsmoke:

Thanks! I absolutely agree! No excuse for not having adventures whether it be walking around a new neighborhood or driving around the world. :smiley_drive:

wow ...thanks for sharing ......soo cool ....

Thanks! I am actually sad that I'm missing the Sunday ride to Coffee at Dawns for a few weeks!! :coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior